Jeep® Compass Conquers All-New Territory for $15,985
Auburn Hills, Mich., Apr 4, 2006 - Chrysler Group today announced the U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for its all-new 2007 Jeep® Compass
is $15,985 (including $560 destination). A modern-styled Jeep that delivers fun, freedom, utility and Jeep 4x4 capability, the Compass provides excellent fuel economy, safety and interior flexibility - all at a great value - in the compact SUV segment.
The Jeep Compass will begin to arrive in U.S. dealerships and international volume markets in the third quarter of this year.
"With Compass, Jeep continues to expand globally by offering a fun-to-drive, fuel-efficient and affordably-priced Jeep vehicle designed to reach youthful customers who may not have previously considered the brand," said George Murphy, Senior Vice President - Global Marketing, Chrysler Group. "Compass is a new type of Jeep vehicle for non-traditional Jeep buyers. It allows the brand to compete in the fast-growing compact SUV segment, where there is increasing market demand for fuel economy, ride comfort and efficient packaging in an SUV."
Annual compact SUV volume in the United States for the 2005 calendar year was 368,000 units, up from 297,000 units in 2004. The compact SUV segment is expected to almost double to approximately 600,000 units by 2010 and almost triple to more than 814,000 units by 2016.
The newest Jeep will be available in both Compass and Compass Limited models. Both are available with front-wheel and four-wheel-drive capability.
"Jeep Compass will offer customers the confidence and assurance that comes with Jeep 4x4 capability," said Larry Lyons, Vice President - Front-wheel Drive Product Team. "Compass is a breakthrough all-new Jeep vehicle that provides the utility and functionality of an SUV with the performance, handling, fuel economy and price of a small car or small pickup."
Jeep Compass’ available, active, full-time 4x4 system (Freedom Drive I) is recommended for daily use, including driving in snow and rain. The four-wheel-drive "Lock" mode is recommended for deep snow, deep sand and other low-traction surfaces.
Jeep Compass includes a standard 172-horsepower 2.4-liter World Engine coupled with a five-speed manual transaxle. The MSRP for Jeep Compass is $15,985 (including $560 destination), and $17,585 (including $560 destination) for Jeep Compass 4x4 models.
Other standard equipment items on Jeep Compass include:
- Side-curtain air bags, Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Traction Control and ABS
- 60/40 rear split seats
- Fold-flat vinyl load floor (UltraFloor TM)
- AM/FM CD radio with an auxiliary audio input jack, cloth seats, 12-volt power outlet, manual windows, locks and foldaway mirrors
- Silver interior bezels and door arm-rests, tilt steering wheel, dome and cargo lights, floor mats and a center console sliding armrest that moves forward 3 inches to accommodate shorter drivers (the armrest lid features a unique flip pocket for storing a cell phone or an MP3 player)
Additional exterior standard features include fog lamps, body-color grille and fascias, body-color bodyside molding, black door handles, accent-color liftgate appliqué and 17-inch aluminum wheels and touring tires.
Optional features available on Jeep Compass include:
- A second generation Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT2)
- AM/FM radio with six-disc CD player and MP3 CD play capability
- SIRIUS Satellite Radio
- Reclining rear seats, fold-flat passenger seat, passenger assist handles, illuminated entry, and manual height adjuster
- Air conditioning
- Power Group (which includes driver one-touch power windows, power locks, remote keyless entry and power mirrors)
- Deep-tinted glass
- Security Group (alarm, tonneau cover, daytime running lamps)
- Trailer tow prep package
- 17-inch all-terrain OWL tires
- Full-size spare tire
- Removable, rechargeable interior lamp, map lights
- Speed control
- YES Essentials® worry-free fabric
- Driver Convenience Group (which includes tire pressure monitor and electrochromic mirror, compass, temperature gauge, Universal Garage Door opener and Electronic Vehicle Information Center)
- Nine-speaker 458-watt Boston Acoustics premium sound system that features two flip-down speakers packaged in the liftgate
Jeep Compass "E" Package
A special package available on Jeep Compass adds a number of popular features as standard. The MSRP for Jeep Compass models equipped with the "E" Package is $18,585 and $20,185 for 4x4 models.
In addition to the standard features on the Jeep Compass model, the "E" package features the following items as standard:
- Power, fold-away mirrors, driver one-touch power windows, speed sensitive power locks, Remote Keyless Entry
- Air Conditioning
- 115-volt auxiliary power outlet, map/dome reading lamps and interior removable/rechargeable lamp
- Reclining rear seats, driver seat height adjuster, front-passenger forward fold-flat seat, passenger assist handles, deep tint sunscreen glass
Jeep Compass Limited
The Jeep Compass Limited also is available in both front-wheel and four-wheel drive (Freedom Drive I) and features a standard 172-horsepower 2.4-liter World Engine coupled with a five-speed manual transaxle. The MSRP for the Jeep Compass Limited is $20,140 (including $560 destination). The MSRP for the Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 is $21,740 (including $560 destination).
In addition to the standard features on the Jeep Compass models equipped with the "E" package the Limited model features:
- Leather trimmed bucket seats, leather-wrapped steering wheel, steering wheel mounted audio controls, speed control and heated seats
- 18-inch aluminum wheels and all-season performance tires
- Bright front and rear fascia overlays, bright side moldings
- Driver lumbar support
Beyond those offered on the Jeep Compass model, available options on the Jeep Compass Limited model include:
- A second generation Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT2) with Autostick
- 18-inch chrome clad wheels
- UConnect hands-free communication system
The Jeep brand’s 65-year history of legendary capability has made it synonymous with freedom, adventure, mastery and authenticity. In 2006, the Jeep brand continues to deliver on its promise to provide versatile, innovative four-wheel-drive vehicles with the introduction of the all-new 2007 Jeep Wrangler and the 2007 Jeep Compass.
"The Jeep brand is on a product offensive, and will continue to grow with new offerings that leverage Jeep’s legendary 4x4 leadership," said John Plecha, Director - Jeep Marketing. "We’re solidifying the Jeep brand’s foundation with the bigger, more powerful all-new 2007 Jeep Wrangler - the most capable off-road vehicle in the world - while also stretching the brand to reach new customers with Jeep Compass."
Sales of Jeep brand vehicles increased 12 percent in 2005 to their highest total since 2000 to 476,532 units compared with 2004 sales of 427,329 units. The positive sales momentum for the brand has continued this year. Through March, Jeep brand sales in 2006 are 10 percent more than the same period in 2005.
Belvidere(Ill.) Assembly Plant
Production of the all-new 2007 Jeep Compass will begin at the Belvidere (Ill.) Assembly Plant in May. Chrysler Group launched a second production shift at the Belvidere facility in March, which doubled the plant’s production capacity. The addition of the second shift raised total employment at the facility from 1,650 to 2,650 employees.
2007 Jeep Compass Pricing
(All Prices Include $560 Destination)
|Jeep Compass "E" Package|
|Jeep Compass Limited|
(All Prices Include $560 destination)