Mobility's New Diff Protection
Have you ever high
centered on your rear driveshaft? Did you bend it or knock the balance
weights off? Or worse, did you break the u-joint or the yoke? The
Slider is a bolt-on skid plate designed for you Jeep that can make
these woes things of your past. The Slider hides all of the edges and
bumps of the stock differential casting, making it easier to slide
(glide) over obstacles. Most importantly, it ‘hides’ the flange lip at
the back where the cover bolts on, all without giving up any ground
clearance. The Slider is an alternative or compliment to ‘shaving’ the
diff. The skid plate extends beyond the pinion to protect the spinning
yoke and u-joint. This helps prevent expensive and debilitating
breakage from contact with rocks, etc.
- Tough Construction. The main skid shell is made from 1/4” formed
steel and is gusseted to create a rock-proof
shield. Most applications use only 2 main pieces and minimal welds to
assure that it can’t fall apart.
- Bolt on. Installation is quick and easy – most applications
attach with three u-bolts (one over the pinion and one on each axle
tube next to the trunnions).
- Drive shaft clearance is provided for oversized yokes and
- Drainage. Cut-outs at the rear edge of skid plate allow mud and
water to drain and help minimize the accumulation of dirt, etc. Access
for differential drain plugs is provided for differentials so equipped.
- Dana 44 version compatible w/ Rubicon TJ axles!
- Compatible with axle mounted brake lines and stabilizer bars
(TJ’s), stock exhaust, etc. Since attachments are on the tubes
next to the differential casting and on the pinion, a Slider does not
interfere with most suspension brackets, etc.
- Hoop. An optional drive shaft hoop can reduce destruction from a
blown u-joint (though you shouldn’t have these as often - at least not
due to rocks!)
will be available for Dana
35 and 44 axles in May 2004. For additional information, please contact
Nth Degree Mobility at 775/885-8454 or on the web at nthdegreeemobility.com