Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Left Blinker = Hazards

View previous topic :: View next topic  
billr6

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:27 am    Post subject: Left Blinker = Hazards Reply with quote

I have two problems:
1. Every other time I put on my left blinker, the hazards (both blinkers) in the rear go on.
2. My window motor makes a loud clicking noise once it is rolled all the way up.

If any has had similar problems and knows the solutions to these problems please share your wisdom......
johnf3@mindspring.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same turn signal problem, well my girl friend's xj does so I guess it is my now problem. I also don't have the fuse box diagram but I will seaarch for that. I pulled what i think are the flashers the 3 black boxes in front of the fuse box in the passenger kick panel. none of these even stoped the hazards form working. not sure of what to do next, I guess find a wiring diagram. Even if I could disconect the hazards completly I would be eh,,she would be happy. thanks
DavidXJ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the first time I have heard anyone having this "left blinker=hazards" problem just like I have. I haven't gotten around to doing anything about this yet, but my brother says that when he is behind me in the turn lane, my left blinker is hazards until I start to turn and crank the wheel to the left. Then the blinker goes back to normal. This makes me think the problem is that "clicking" mechanism in the steering column that automatically turns the blinker stick off when you turn back to straight. Of course, since I haven't bothered to take the column apart and replace that part (which probably costs as much as a new set of tires), I can't gaurantee that this is the problem. But it is worth an investigation. If you solve this problem, please post your reply so I will know what to do.
jose

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already had this turn signal problem
problem solved when I change the turn signal colm
it's very easy just do it yourself
johnf3@mindspring.com

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jose
are you saying that replacing the turn signal part in the colum cured the problem of the left turn signal = hazards. I would love to get this fixed the first time. Trouble shooting by replacing one part at a time is educational but when my girl is paying I will hear about it. Have you guys pulled the flashers? I tried and no of them even seemed to stop the hazards. thanks for your help
DavidXJ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Left Blinker Problem Fixed Reply with quote

Just a follow up...

Like Jose, I have finally replaced the steering column blinker mechanism (it is all one piece... blinker stick, blinker auto shut off, hazards, etc.). This solved the problem of the left turn signal being hazards in the rear. It cost about $70 at the dealer.
dancerman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a common problem with the turn signal switch. Most owners don't even know it's bad unless someone tells you (dirty look and single digit hand gesture) because it doesn't malfunction all the time and there is no in-cab indication of a problem. Glad you posted your fix.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: