Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Liftin' the TJ

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I got it all installed today! thumbs

It's still sitting on the Canyons and the 30's right now. We've got the rims (Crager 352's) but can't use the BFG MT's on them as originally planned since those tires have the rim protector thingies on them...

We're gonna do some shopping this week for either 32x11.5 Bridgestone Dueler MT's or Kumho Venture MT's...

There were no significant problems or surprises to speak of and I got plenty of pics, but I'm still using film so it'll be a couple of days before I get them back on CD...the writeup is coming soon as well.

Steve

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why can't you use the BFG's? Is there something special about the simlocks that prevents them from being mounted?
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, congrats on the install Mr. Green thumbs
-DouG-

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would put the 32s on the canyons... It's a lighter wheel and they won't stick out and throw crap all up the side of the - YES she will complain about that with the 3.5 BS wheels...
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure exactly what prevents them from being mounted on the rims, but that's what Crager states about them. The simlocks are just that...simulated beadlocks...I don't see anything that would prevent a BFG from going on there. I've posted a question about it in "Suspension/Steering/Tires" here. Plus I'm gonna do a little more research this week and see what I can find out.

She wants the wider stance and the black steelie look (and I must admit when it gets the new rim/tires it's going to look real tough with that backspacing). 3.75" BS is what I run on the XJ so yes, it will kick crap up all over the sides. Our intention is to buy extended flares for the TJ and to put the stock TJ flares on the XJ, which should solve the problem on both.

Steve

Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gprecon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

33" (metric equivalent) on OME w/ .75" coil spacers

32" on OME w/ .75" coil spacers

I know neither of these pictures include a body lift, but it at least gives you an idea. Based on what I've seen, you'd have sufficient room for 33" meat. That's just FYI. I'm a 32 man myself. Razz
Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, I'm sooooo excited I can hardly contain myself, I just bought the tires and they should be here in a couple of days. (By the way it was my Jeep Steve put the lift on, thanks baby, what a birthday present!!!)

I ended up getting the Wrangler MT/R, 32"x11.5. The Bridgestone Dueler had the rimm gard (like the BFG's, I soooo wanted dthe BFG's Crying or Very sad ) prevending us from putting those on the rimms we got and the Kumho's were going to take too long to get here from TireRack.com. (4-8 weeks, f-that).

I could have gotten the Kumho's localy in about 7- 14 days, but it turned out to be only $5 more per tire to get the Wrangler MT/R from TireRack.com. And I think the wranglers look more bad ass then the Kumhos, hence me going with the wrangler's.

Jen
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when it's all said and done, it will look good. Here's mine with 33 MT/R's, and OME lift

My Morning Jacket
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jen2Goofy wrote:
Hehe, I'm sooooo excited I can hardly contain myself, I just bought the tires and they should be here in a couple of days. (By the way it was my Jeep Steve put the lift on, thanks baby, what a birthday present!!!)

I ended up getting the Wrangler MT/R, 32"x11.5. The Bridgestone Dueler had the rimm gard (like the BFG's, I soooo wanted dthe BFG's Crying or Very sad ) prevending us from putting those on the rimms we got and the Kumho's were going to take too long to get here from TireRack.com. (4-8 weeks, f-that).

I could have gotten the Kumho's localy in about 7- 14 days, but it turned out to be only $5 more per tire to get the Wrangler MT/R from TireRack.com. And I think the wranglers look more bad ass then the Kumhos, hence me going with the wrangler's.

Jen

Is it any wonder that I am marrying this girl!?! Cool

I'm hoping we get the tires by Friday, since that's when I'm taking the TJ up to the local 4WD shop to have the t-bars dialed in and get it aligned. That way, I can have them mount and balance the tires as well. Once they are on I'll finish up the roll of film and get the writeup posted.

Steve

Quote:
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHA! The tires showed up today! We should have them mounted on the rims by Friday. I'm hoping the center caps show up by then. I also ordered a spare tire relocator kit, which includes a new bracket, brake light risers and rubber tailgate mount extenders. I'll get that installed in another week or two.

We also got a bikini top for it as well...couldn't beat the price...FREE! Thanks T! thumbs

Steve

Quote:
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friday was yetsterday Wink ........where're the pics Mr. Green ?
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Keith...you and Mike need to just calm the f down... Finger

rofl

Seriously, hang tight...they are coming. I don't have a digi cam (I used to...but my sisters then 2 year old got hold of it Confused ), so...I'm working with my 35mm camera. I dropped the film off yesterday and should have the CD back on Mon or Tues. I'll post a few of them then.

I also did the writeup last night...so once the CD comes in I'll add the pics and email it to Troy...that's where the lions share of the pictires will be.

BTW...It looks awesome! We can't wait to get it on the trail on the 20th!

Rock On!

Steve

Quote:
Tazs99tj

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: My TJ On 33's and OME Reply with quote

Hello..

This was My TJ on OME, 33's, 3/4 spacers..

Hope this will persuade you to put 33's on...

Last Year At Paragon..Grew up since then, But Thats because Im crazy..

5 speed, 4.0 and 3.73's...drove nice with the 33's

TAZ

God is my Co-Pilot, But The Devil Rides Shotgun
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, we are real happy with the 32's for now. It looks awesome and I think it will wheel awesome as well. Aside from having to shift the gearbox a little differently the gearing is good. Both the XJ and TJ see between 275 and 400 miles a week...and that's just going to work...her comute is 130 miles a day round trip and mine is about 5...so we trade vehicles every day to keep the mileage fairly balanced.

There's stuff that will happen in the future (moving someplace more central to both of our jobs, a beater car, etc.) so once these tires wear out things might change...but for now we can't take the chance on sacrificing onroad drivability in either vehicle...so we decided to go the conservative route.

Like I said...we're happy with it! thumbs

Steve

Quote:
JaySea

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a tease Wink hurry up with those pics already Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: