Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teraflex T-locker

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: Teraflex T-locker Reply with quote

Anybody heard anything more about the Teraflex T-lockers? KC has a tiny bit of info about a project they worked on and I read something in Rockcrawler a few months ago but that's been about it. Nothing on the Teraflex website. I saw a brief article in this month's 4wd & Sport Utility - it's an air locker but it looks like the actuator is located on the diff cover. Confused http://www.kchilites.com/jeepProject_2.html
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Teraflex T-locker Reply with quote

Code3TJ wrote:
it's an air locker but it looks like the actuator is located on the diff cover. Confused

Haven't heard anything about these yet, and couldn't find anything searching other sites, but ya'd think these would have the same prob that Candi's having with her electracs.

ARB's .
Owen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anything with an actuator attached to the axle in anyway is a porr design IMO, ARB owns the selectable market. Very Happy
St.LJustin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you guys ever heard of people having problems with OX Lockers? I always hear that ARB's are very strong and reliable as long as the air hose is in good shape. Besides the limited amount of axles they produce for, any problems with them?
ehirner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

St.LJustin wrote:
Have you guys ever heard of people having problems with OX Lockers? I always hear that ARB's are very strong and reliable as long as the air hose is in good shape. Besides the limited amount of axles they produce for, any problems with them?

From my understanding, and this is all hearsay, OX had some issues meeting demand and the units that did ship, were having issues staying locked when the operator locked them. The cable kept requiring adjustment and seemed to be more of a PITA than they were worth. For the money, I don't think an ARB can really be beat as far as a selectable locker goes. The other's cost just as much and they all seem to have major faults.

If someone could produce a simple, effective, strong, and reliable selectable locker for the price of a lunchbox locker, the company would sell thousands of them at that price.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Drivetrain All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: