Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rig o' da month

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Announcements, News & Commentary
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Rig o' da month Reply with quote

So here's an idea that no one else has ever done before. Shocked

Seriously, I think it would be pretty cool to have a JH rig of the month contest. Entries could be done by nomination and voting could be done with a poll. The winner would get a sticky thread devoted to their rig (here in "Announcements"?) with pictures, a description, whatever. Maybe they could even get a cookie....

mmmmm....cookie.... drool

What do you guys and gals think?

Steve

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nikon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea. On other sites that I am on, they do it and it's fun. Only thing that I think that would need to be done if it is by nomination is that we would have to have a thread where everyone posted their rig and what's been done to it, well, a lot of what's been done for those of you that have extensive work done. Otherwise, how would people get nominated? For instance, I have seen a couple of things on Qad's rig only because I have been thinking of doing the same light setup..but I don't know anything else about his, or any one elses rig for that matter....

Or, as many other sites do it - the mods pic. Generally, as I have seen it done....the mods rigs go first for the first couple of months until they can figure out who else should get it...

Just my thoughts on it... Mr. Green
FM2CDJC Member #10

9. Thou shalt not kill. Unless some motherf****r is coming into your house to take your s**t! - The Nuge
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't like the idea of the mods picking...it's not fair to everyone else. So the way I see it, there's basically two ways to do it:

Nomination:
Your rig would have to be nominated by someone else to be entered into the contest. Kind of a PITA for the person/mod organizing it since person A would nominate person B and then person B would have to accept.

Submission:
You would submit your own rig in the contest. The simpler solution.

I like the latter option better. Anyone could enter their rig...not just mods. The only caveat would be the limit on the number of entries in a poll (I don't know what that limit is). In other words, if the maximum amount of options is 10, then the first 10 rigs submitted are in.

Just an idea.

Steve

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nikon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so people would enter their rig and then there would be a thread or something with the rigs listed and a poll? I can see that working - good thinkin
FM2CDJC Member #10

9. Thou shalt not kill. Unless some motherf****r is coming into your house to take your s**t! - The Nuge
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good, I've seen this on other places as well. I would like to thank everyone for choosing my jeep as the rig of the month, I've put a lot of work into it and am very happy with the outcome, oh wait we haven't started yet Embarassed

My Morning Jacket
nikon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keithtj wrote:
Good, I've seen this on other places as well. I would like to thank everyone for choosing my jeep as the rig of the month, I've put a lot of work into it and am very happy with the outcome, oh wait we haven't started yet Embarassed
Finger
FM2CDJC Member #10

Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, let me see what we can do. good mod
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Announcements, News & Commentary All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: