Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

little help....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:29 am    Post subject: little help.... Reply with quote

Ok guys...So my wife just got some money and she told me that i could buy my tires now. I have been talking to Owen a bit but i want some others input. I am looking to get Interco's Trxus and I am looking on line to get them cause noone locally can get them for a decent price. I am pretty set on the tire as I really like the wear rating (reading 8.7 in many places) and I really really like their tread. Now......Desertrat.com does not have them listed on their site and no one is answering their phones (tried 4 times and all it does is ring). I have found them for a good price on samsoffroad but Owen is telling me that he has heard bad things about sams. Anyone had a good or bad experience with them and what was it? I can get a decent price on getting them balanaced and mounted locally butI need to buy them online. Sams is the right price - exactly on actually and I can't spend much more than 100/tire and they are at 100.95 with 100 for shipping so for 4 I am looking at just over 500 - right now target (I have 522 to spend and that's it). Anyone have any other thoughts on where I might look for them or is Ishould or def should not go through sams? Thanks for the help fellas.
FM2CDJC Member #10

9. Thou shalt not kill. Unless some motherf****r is coming into your house to take your s**t! - The Nuge
qadhafi
Club Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to harp on it, but have you exhausted every available local possibility? I'm talking everyone within 100 miles. You could drive the jeep and wait for them to get mounted. Call eveyone in the phone book. Get an out the door price, taxes and all.

Oh, and not to kick a dead horse, but what about mounting? Are you figuring on mouting/ balancing etc? That costs some $$ too.

Good Luck... Bryan (Dirty Red TJ) just got a set of those and they're pretty cool tires.

For a sissy...

Back from the Dead??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PAJeeper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too, I'm going to be in need of some new tires soon. I hear good things about them from Doug.
nikon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qad. I called everyone in the phone book and the companies that are willing to order them are quotng some pretty high prices. I called around for balancing/mounting fees and have taken that into consideration.

I just got into a decent fight with wifey about money so this may not happen now anyway (although she was the one that told me to go ahead and do it) Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad
FM2CDJC Member #10

9. Thou shalt not kill. Unless some motherf****r is coming into your house to take your s**t! - The Nuge
ehirner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAJeeper wrote:
Me too, I'm going to be in need of some new tires soon. I hear good things about them from Doug.

Who do you think sold Doug on the Trxus MTs? Mr. Green

Seriously now...I got mine from 4wheelparts.com. They were having a 10% off sale and I had a code for free shipping. I paid $109 shipped for tires that normally cost, at that time, $118 plus shipping. There was a $15 handling fee, but that was nothing compared to what it cost to ship me my tires. Total, it was 325lbs coming from CO via truck freight. It took about 2 weeks I believe from time of order to time of delivery. Give them a shot. I know Todd just ordered his from 4WP.
PAJeeper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I'll give you first choice on a really good deal.

How about 5 Canyon's a couple of little grounches not too bad with 4 BFG MT's the BFG's are about 65% worn I would say, still good for a fair miles though. Or I have some new AR-767's with 4 Goodyear AT's and 1 BFg AT, all in pretty damn good condition. All 33x12.50x15"
nikon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 3 33x12.5's but I can't clear them....anyone want to buy mine....

The original thought here was that I would get these from my uncle for free with 5 rims and then I would invest in a lift and have to buy 2 tires. I can't pay for a lift right now cause I can't afford to pay to have it installed so that went out the window for a few years and we compromised on me getting a shackle lift and the 31's... Who wants to buy my rims and tires.....I also have a kayak to sell.........................
FM2CDJC Member #10

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suspension, Steering & Tires All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: