Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

All this talk of armor got me thinking...

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KnightFire

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:17 pm    Post subject: All this talk of armor got me thinking... Reply with quote

I have some extra money and I was thinking about what to do with it Smile

I have some ideas for armor, mostly due to the search function and watching the posts.

I thought I would get:

Kilby gas tank armor
Skid Row Engine/Control Arm/Steering Box Armor

Now I'm having one heck of a time figuring out what rocker gaurds I want, I like the Warn, Spyder, OR Fab...

I would also like some type of step incorporated (I keep coming back to the OR-Fab due to that reason), so that I can remove (and throw away) my tubular side steps. Also, I remember that someone posted a link for a type of sealer that would go in between the rocker gaurd and paint, can you re-post it please?

I would appreciate some advice on these items especially on the rocker gaurds.

Thanks!!!

KnightFire

Amsoil Dealer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
PAJeeper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Warn fuel tank Skid is substantially cheaper than the Kilby, they are almost exactly the same. Check this out.

http://jeephorizons.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=287&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the poison spyder rockers and I love them however I think I'd love them a little more if I had ordered them with the step - my legs aren't getting any taller. Wink

Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are young Dan's - look great. http://jeephorizons.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=869
LAWrangX

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an older post about making some. >> http://jeephorizons.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=1284#1284

As for a membrane between the two, I stopped by a local rubber and gasket supplier and they cut me a piece about 3/32 thick long enough to line the back of both rockers for $5 even.
Black2001TJ
Leopard Skin
Leopard Skin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey KF, the control arm skids you mentioned are roughly $100+ a pair, so that's over $200 for front/rear. I just got (haven't installed), the AFM ones that are $22/pair, + a little for shipping, probably roughly $50 total! I would check those out, they are weld on, but will protect your arms and you should be able to still pull your arms off and on without issues.. I'll try to post pics once welded on..
KnightFire

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really do like the spyder's...

Thanks for the heads up on the fuel tank...I'm going to have to give the Warn a better look.

So what company has the best prices for all these items?

Black2001TJ:
Where did you get your CA skids? I'd love to see some pics of them...only PITA is tracking down my guy with the welder, LOL.

KnightFire

Amsoil Dealer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
BlueJ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Rocker Panel Reply with quote

For rocker panels, most require you to drill through the body panels. I have FourXDoctor's, and I really like them. Some of the newer ones, like the Poison Spyder, skip the second bolt that's so hard to get in.

I just saw one that doesn't require any holes in the body: Check out http://www.raingler.com/shop/productDetails.asp?productID=32.
Black2001TJ
Leopard Skin
Leopard Skin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact Jason @ redrock4x4.com for any products, tell him you are from here, he gave me great prices...

As far as the control arm skids, you'll have to talk to Mike Green, here's his thread here http://jeephorizons.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=726

The skids are here - http://www.mikegreen4x4.com/afm/skids.htm

I'll try to take a pic of them before they go on the jeep so you can see what they are.
qadhafi
Club Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my A-Z rockers in and they are going on sometime this week, or possibly this weekend. I'm layering on paint right now, but they look great and Zac is a really great guy.

I'll post pics when I get them on, but they look exactly like what he has on his site, I got yaffi steps on mine.

http://www.atozfabrication.com/

Back from the Dead??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
KnightFire

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black2001TJ wrote:
Contact Jason @ redrock4x4.com for any products, tell him you are from here, he gave me great prices...

Just as an FYI for all and anyone who might be interested...Jason does NOT sell the Poison Spyder Rocker Gaurds...I will have to keep his number handy for some future purposes though...thanks anyhow!

So anyone know where I can get these suckers at besides from Poison Spyder themselves?

KnightFire

Amsoil Dealer
Black2001TJ
Leopard Skin
Leopard Skin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't go with Dan's, PSC are nice!! They can be had at a nice price from another Jason!

http://4x4groupbuy.com/currentGroupBuys/currentGroupBuys.asp?catID=35
ehirner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KnightFire wrote:
Black2001TJ wrote:

Just as an FYI for all and anyone who might be interested...Jason does NOT sell the Poison Spyder Rocker Gaurds...I will have to keep his number handy for some future purposes though...thanks anyhow!

So anyone know where I can get these suckers at besides from Poison Spyder themselves?

Isn't DEJA technically a dealer now after the PSC groupbuy they ran? I'm pretty sure I remember reading in their GB thread that since they met the $1500 buy in, they can get any future products at dealer price. Might be something to check out.
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If DEJA doesn't work out, I got mine from Raingler. It seems like they were within $5 of PSC's price (can't remember which way) and they arrived within 4 days of placing the order.
KnightFire

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats an AWESOME link...thanks broh! However, its cheaper to get them directly from poisonspyder.com when you figure in the shipping charges...about $30.00 cheaper!

I'll just order them directly from the company...

I appreciate your help though!

KnightFire

Amsoil Dealer
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Tech All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: