Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Tattoo on St Pattys day... What do u think?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Owen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikon wrote:
Owen wrote:
Personally I stay away from generic ideas like this one. All my tattoos were drawn ON my skin, I don't have any stencil work on either of my sleeves. There is nothing cheesier than walking down the beach and seeing your tattoo on someone else... unless you are in the same mauri tribe... or gang. Finger

Personally - I agree 100%. All mine were drawn on as well....
<----Even that one Mr. Green

Is that a horizontal vagina with and eye in it? rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
GoTopless

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
hahahaha OMG owen...

i have 4 tats and only one of mine is off the wall...it was my first one...i changed the colors on it but thats it
EEP Grl
Hot Momma

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey owen - Fuk off. Thats not a stecil, i drew it. Its not off a fukin wall. So what totally ORIGINAL tattoo's do you have? Really i'm curious.. go ahead and post them. What do u have a dragon? Oh wait maybe a koi. NOW that would be fking original. right? Cause your REALLY into both dragons and kois.
I hate to break it to you Owen, but theres no such thing as truly ORIGINAL.
You take the design from SOMETHING and if you thought of it, chances are someone else will or has also, or at least something similar.

I choose to get something that i have an intrest in, in a style i like, that i drew, inked onto me. So its not something you would get, big f kn deal. That doesnt mean its generic. But i wont see someone with this exact tattoo.
What is important is i didnt blankly walk into a studio and pick a stupid tribal or butterfly off a wall and get it inked to my lower back like every stupid girl in the world.
I drew this for a reason and fuk u if your going to critisize me for it. Finger

Last edited by EEP Grl on Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhoh...EEP is riled up. This should be good.

popcorn

BTW - Owen...I'm with EEP here...sorry Mr. Green

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GoTopless

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOAH children calm yourselves...Owen are you starting trouble again rofl rofl
Owen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EEP Grl wrote:
Hey owen - Fuk off. Thats not a stecil, i drew it. Its not off a fukin wall. So what totally ORIGINAL tattoo's do you have? Really i'm curious.. go ahead and post them. What do u have a dragon? Oh wait maybe a koi. NOW that would be fking original. right? Cause your REALLY into both dragons and kois.
I hate to break it to you Owen, but theres no such thing as truly ORIGINAL.
You take the design from SOMETHING and if you thought of it, chances are someone else will or has also, or at least something similar.

I choose to get something that i have an intrest in, in a style i like, that i drew, inked onto me. So its not something you would get, big f kn deal. That doesnt mean its generic. But i wont see someone with this exact tattoo.
What is important is i didnt blankly walk into a studio and pick a stupid tribal or butterfly off a wall and get it inked to my lower back like every stupid girl in the world.
I drew this for a reason and fuk u if your going to critisize me for it. Finger

LOL... Whatever you want to think is fine with me. That lizard is from a Sobe bottle. I have seen tons of people with them.

My tattoos are all Yakuza... But you probably already knew that. They actually have symbolic meanings which I could explain but I doubt you would understand... So Yes Kois and Dragons DO mean a lot to me. You are not stupid just ignorant.

So go get your Sobe logo in the small of your back and count your clones on South Beach... Its about as original as a mullet at a Lynard Skynard concert. rofl rofl rofl rofl

Just the fact that you broke down so badly has made my week! If you were so opposed to people telling you that your generic idea was bad why post it on the internet where people with real tattoos could see it?

Finger

Go look around for lizard tattoo flash. I bet you will be surprised how many of those little Sobe lizards you find. Then go look for this:

EEP Grl
Hot Momma

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO!!!!! Flames and a koi! WOW. I'm good!
So you are ... into keeping Koi in a pond behing your house... And setting them on fire? By the ocean? INTRESTING.
And yes i do know about Yakuza... its not only a type of REALLY awful sushi roll... but a design that SO many people here get becuase it looks "cool" and has somme deep meaning behind it that they feel will make them some what cooler than everyone else that gets tattoo's of just anything. Kudo's to you owen, if you are really into that and it has some DEEP meaning behind it.
Personally - i dont like those designs. So sorry everyone cant be JUST like you. lol Finger

I'll admit the Sobe lizards do look similar... you think that could be cause they are all ... um... hello LIZARDS. Genius.
Whatever i had to look it up.. because i (1) dont drink sobe cause it tastes like piss water and (2) had NO ided what their lizards look liked.
And we can see that reading comp is not your strong point... i'm not getting ANYTHING tattooed on the small of my back.

Your tattoo's are JUST as generic TO ME as my liard is to you. To you, who has no idea what my intrests are, its just another stupid lizard that happens to look like a logo for a really bad drink. And to me you have just another typical flame tattoo with some little waves and a koi. Congrads... you managed to be as deep as every other pserson in the world. And get in touch with your oriental roots!
I dont care that you dont like it .. its the annoying fact that you think everyone is going to benifit from your constanly negative opinions in this forum and wake up one day going...damn..owen was right. The all knowing golden rule of whats cool and whats stupid... was right! I must be just like owen!

Oh and by the way.... heres some of your tribes men. Thats why your artist was able to draw it free hand... because theyve had lots of practive drawing the same exact fish on everyone else.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One question, why would you get a tattoo that says you are in a Japanese gang, when your not? That would be like me getting a tear tattooed under my eye when I haven't killed anyone yet Rolling Eyes

My Morning Jacket
Owen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EEP Grl wrote:
LMAO!!!!! Flames and a koi! WOW. I'm good!
So you are ... into keeping Koi in a pond behing your house... And setting them on fire? By the ocean? INTRESTING.
And yes i do know about Yakuza... its not only a type of REALLY awful sushi roll... but a design that SO many people here get becuase it looks "cool" and has somme deep meaning behind it that they feel will make them some what cooler than everyone else that gets tattoo's of just anything. Kudo's to you owen, if you are really into that and it has some DEEP meaning behind it.

I would like to apologize in advance for anyone over the age of 3 that has to read this dribble. It is hard to teach the ignorant.

Yakuza is not a design. Secondly those designs you posted are not true to the form of true Yakuza work and are laughable in quality. Which you would also known if you had actually looked up the meanings. You really have no idea what you are talking about or what my background is... ETC...

I simply said I thought the idea was generic and getting it stenciled on defeats the true meaning of a tattoo.. which is letting the artist use you skin as a canvas to depict stories or meaning. If you want to have a design of your own.. tattoo it on yourself.

This debate is over I have no time for ignorance. Open your mind to different opinions. It will free your soul. The first time you said "fuk you" you argument was lost... you showed too much emotion. Write that down for the next time you take on someone out of your league.
Owen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keithtj wrote:
One question, why would you get a tattoo that says you are in a Japanese gang, when your not? That would be like me getting a tear tattooed under my eye when I haven't killed anyone yet Rolling Eyes

Another person misses the point completely... Shocked

Sometimes I wonder why people take everything as literally as it is presented without reading the whole story... Confused
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got time, let me know why a japanese gang tattoo is on a white American's arm.

My Morning Jacket
Owen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keithtj wrote:
I've got time, let me know why a japanese gang tattoo is on a white American's arm.

The gangs have the tattoos that are representations of japanese stories related to Samurais and old japanese lore. They are not ONLY on Japanese Yakuza. The Yakuza use the stories to depict their ranks as well as distuinguish them from the common man, in todays japan they are not limited to gang members. At one time tattooing in the US was associated only with Gang members and military. In today's America they are widely accepted. Most people that consider them offensive are treated as ignorant by more intelligent individuals in modern America. If you just want to think that I am pretending to be in a gang then fine. Never assume... That is a terrible character flaw.

How do you know I am American anyway? I don't believe we have even met.
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming is a flaw that we all have at one time or another. Okay, but why is it on your arm, what story will it depict of you? I just like to know the story behind people's artwork, sorry if it is coming off as a personal attack Wink I like tattoos, I will probably never have one, but I still like them.

My Morning Jacket
Owen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keithtj wrote:
Assuming is a flaw that we all have at one time or another. Okay, but why is it on your arm, what story will it depict of you? I just like to know the story behind people's artwork, sorry if it is coming off as a personal attack Wink I like tattoos, I will probably never have one, but I still like them.

You are right. Assumption is a flaw that no human can escape. To be honest Keith my feelings about my tattoos and their meanings to me might not make sense to anyone else. It is a was of thinking combined with stories that represent a certain belief. I had done extensive reading on Japanese folk-lore and mythology. If you are truly interested in learning about japanese art and tattooing I can suggest some books. I truly believe that the meanings of these stories are something that cannot be explained. Sort of like you cannot explain the meaning of a painting or song lyrics. They are what they are to the person experienceing them. So in essence my beliefs or meaning might not be what you get out of the legends. Its so complicated at times it can make you brain hurt...

A basic breakdown of my right arm would be a struggle between good and evil. Good is winning ever so slightly in a very chaotic sense. Their are also references to taking in power from outside of my being. There are also symbols of the warrior struggling to defeat its enemy.

So as you can see having done a lot of reading an thinking about what my tattoos mean to my life I have little respect for a drawing someone made of a squiggly design or a butterfly. To each their own. If it truly warms you from teh inside out you are doing the right thing. I suspect from the hostility in EEp's post it is possible she is unsure of her decision and is looking for positive reinforcement from here peers here who will not judge her. I don't want to assume so I will not say either way. It was her natural defense to call me an idiot...
qadhafi
Club Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I an NEVER leaving my computer again, I always miss the good stuff....

I can't really offer an opinion on either of you, I don't have any body art and don't know anything about the Yakuza or Japanese Culture. I'm ready for an education though... Smile

Back from the Dead??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> The Vault All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: