Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alarms?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
St.LJustin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Alarms? Reply with quote

Do any of you guys have alarms in your Jeeps? I usually keep my stuff like my toolbox and hi-lift locked down but my cd player got stolen out of the Jeep last weekend even though it didn't have the face plate on it. Just wondering what you guys have done about that sort of stuff that can't be bolted down. Thanks Wink
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thieves will take things even if they have no use for them..

Why steal a rado with no face???

I would suggest a tuffy console that the radio goes in...
ALthough I dont have a tj.. I am about to cut my top and take my doors off.... Then I will have to worry I guess.. I am going to buy a tuffy console and get rid of the stock ZJ console.. I am also going to put in a B&M shifter so that I can get rid of the entire console.. (Its one piece in the ZJ.)

Anyone else have input???

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
nikon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swamp boy wrote:

I am about to cut my top and take my doors off....

No to jack the thread but can you please post pics when you do that Mr. Green

I am probably gonna get one of those ammo cases and bolt it down with a lock on it. Easy enough and you can through the face plate in there. I don't know much about alarms but I would think that the wheelin wouldn't be good for it....then again, other than mud or water getting in it I guess that there wouldn't be anything to hurt it....anyway, I think that alarms are more annoying now and peolple just turn their heads to them instead of checking into it. Youknow what I mean??? I guess it falls into the same category as women being taught to yell "fire" instead of help if they are in trouble cause people don't pay attention if you tell help anymore. What's my point? I would suggest getting something on there that'll lock instead of an alarm system.
FM2CDJC Member #10

9. Thou shalt not kill. Unless some motherf****r is coming into your house to take your s**t! - The Nuge
KnightFire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep! I got mine at the local BestBuy (2nd day I owned it) and the install was free. If someone wants something bad enough and are willing to take the risks...they WILL get it, I don't care what the object they desire is.

However, you can use as many deterants as possible...this will normally ward off the snatch/grab punks.

Make sure your alarm has multiple trigger stages, dual stage dopplar motion detection (for when you have the top down)...a warning stage for impacts that are extremely light or when the 1st layer of the motion detection is broken...most of these items are VERY standard these days. I also got a mercury hood switch...just because our hoods are SO easy to gain access to...so now if someone tries to lift my hood more than 1" to steal my battery...yep, you guessed it...the alarm goes off.

Personally I wouldn't have a vehicle with out an alarm...but, then again I'm living smack dab in between Baltimore and D.C.

JMHO

KnightFire

Amsoil Dealer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a brand-x alarm - had nothing but problems with it and ended up disconnecting it. Confused
Some jackass cut the window on my first jeep despite the door being unlocked and took some gloves. I lock everything down or take it with me now. I know I didn't really help much but I'd take a look at Qad's ammo boxes too.
qadhafi
Club Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, those ammo boxes are lockable, but I think that the company that I listed also sells a lock kit for them too.

Good luck Cool

Back from the Dead??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Tech All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: