Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Tattoo on St Pattys day... What do u think?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am always ready to read a good book!

My Morning Jacket
Owen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keithtj wrote:
I am always ready to read a good book!

This is a comprehensive book that I would suggest to someone with interest.

swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have lots of tattoos.. SOme of which had very profound meaning at the time of their inseption.. And now ... I just go..... Ehhhhh..WHATEVER...

I personally have more than one original tattoo... I would almost gaurantee that you will not easily find a tattoo like mine. But that is neither here nor there ...
My point is ...
Not everyone looks in old books and mags and pics out a tattoo..

And from what I understand..yours are NOT ORIGINAL..
Hmmm... Just wondering why you are all over her about hers being generic when I have without a doubt seen more cheese asian (or oriental or whatever) inspired tats on american with absolutly no trace of asian decent than I have lizards...

I am not trying to include myself in this argument just stating my opinions..

I stand by my original.. I like #2 and think it looks good..
ANd I think it looks as much like the GEICO lizard as it does SOBE.. rofl rofl rofl

Carry on.......

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
JeepGirl ZJ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of those three i'd have to agree and say number 2.
joyrider

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, i'm gonna go against the grain and say number one. I'm partial to the black&white-tribal look. Besides I've seen to many faded, trashy looking tatoos w/color. Black&white is the way to go...but not that I have any experience w/tattoos anyway.
Owen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we are on the topic this is the tattoo I think you should get Eep Grl.

joyrider

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Owen wrote:
Since we are on the topic this is the tattoo I think you should get Eep Grl.

niiiice Rolling Eyes rofl
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and away we go....

popcorn

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
joyrider

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.spartacus.ws/metro-tattoo-story.jpg
EEP Grl
Hot Momma

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh.. fine, so you read up on your japanese mythology/art and what not. Do .... you...... want a prize?
I dont want someone elses artistic expression on me... i want MINE. If i knew how to tattoo myself and could reach my back i would. But i dont... hence the reason for tattoo shops. Not everyone can be good at these things.

I just posted a few designs i drew out and was YES unsure which one of my three i would get. I was just asking a general opinion to see what other people thought. In the end i'm going to get what i want and not what other people think i should get anyways.
And i agree with swamp boy.. i dont see many people with lizards. Being someone that is always in the everglades with snakes and lizards the general attitude toward them is one of the following "yuk..gross...ewww...or you catch reptiles - your weird". So if you know many generic people that like lizards - please, introduce me. Because i dont. ESPECIALLY in miami.. people only like cute animals and butterflys.
So whatever... i'm sick of arguing. In the end you are a guy on a Jeep forum that i will never meet (cant say it saddens me) and i like my drawing because it's of something i love..deep profound meaning or not.
So have fun with your ink and i'll enjoy mine. Thanks. upyours

Oh..and i ALMOST forgot. OWen.. fuk you. Mr. Green

Mr. Green
LMOA!!! That guy in the article Joyrider posted! Thats great.... rofl rofl
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
nikon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EEP Grl wrote:
Meh.. fine, so you read up on your japanese mythology/art and what not. Do .... you...... want a prize?
I dont want someone elses artistic expression on me... i want MINE. If i knew how to tattoo myself and could reach my back i would. But i dont... hence the reason for tattoo shops. Not everyone can be good at these things.

I just posted a few designs i drew out and was YES unsure which one of my three i would get. I was just asking a general opinion to see what other people thought. In the end i'm going to get what i want and not what other people think i should get anyways.
And i agree with swamp boy.. i dont see many people with lizards. Being someone that is always in the everglades with snakes and lizards the general attitude toward them is one of the following "yuk..gross...ewww...or you catch reptiles - your weird". So if you know many generic people that like lizards - please, introduce me. Because i dont. ESPECIALLY in miami.. people only like cute animals and butterflys.
So whatever... i'm sick of arguing. In the end you are a guy on a Jeep forum that i will never meet (cant say it saddens me) and i like my drawing because it's of something i love..deep profound meaning or not.
So have fun with your ink and i'll enjoy mine. Thanks. upyours

Oh..and i ALMOST forgot. OWen.. fuk you. Mr. Green

Mr. Green
LMOA!!! That guy in the article Joyrider posted! Thats great.... rofl rofl

Wow...

Did you get my PM? Did that clear things up a bit?
FM2CDJC Member #10

9. Thou shalt not kill. Unless some motherf****r is coming into your house to take your s**t! - The Nuge
EEP Grl
Hot Momma

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it did. Thanks! Mr. Green How is your gecko by the way, do u have him on sand still?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
nikon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know. I came to the 3rd page here thinking that I had read everything on the 2nd - boy was I wrong. The hostility......

There is one thing that I think people need to keep in the forefront of their minds when it comes to discussing tattoos: what one person likes - there are 2, 3, 4 maybe 5 others that will not like it. Be it because of the quality, the meaning or some misunderstanding. EEP has drawn a lizard that some may consider unique because she drew it and others may see it as flash. Some people see Owen's and think "oooohhhh aaahhhh, more flames and koi" when others see kick ass negative space and a great traditional koi (can you tell what side I am on - me rikey negative space flames and I will have a koi not too far down the road).

I think the biggest thing is that everyone likes different things and tattoos are very very personal things - I can assure you that I got my tattoos for me and not for anyone else. My wife loves to show off my work but I don't care to - they are for me - although the arms are hard to not show in the summer, beside the point. I think that I have some pretty killer work on me, others may argue. Do I care? Not in the least. I am not spending all this time and rediculous amounts of money to make others happy (although my geisha took 1st place at a respectable show Mr. Green ) and other people don't like my work, oh well. And don't think that people haven't made comments either way. I would find it hard to put down any of Owens work on his right arm (without closer inspection anyway Finger ) cause from the pic it is amazing work. (who's your artist btw?).

EEP - my comment with agreeing with Owen was in my personal liking to having stuff drawn on me for me...In no way was I ever putting you down or your drawing down (I like #2). I have never put anyone else's work down other than if it is poorly done. I have said that I personally wouldn't get a piece on me but never put the actual thought down cause it is that persons tattoo - not mine.

BTW - I have flames, smoke, dragon, geisha, writing, anatomical heart, tribal work, fucked up looking biomech, organic, rip-through, will have a koi, pinup girl........the list continues....

As far as no work being original....I think that could go either way. As far as...say...tribal work. It's hard to be original cause tribal work is all very similar but, flash excluded, no 2 pieces are the same so in that light it is original. You will never see anything like what I have on my leg for tribal work because it was drawn on my leg for MY leg and it was done by (in my mind, and many others') the best damn tribal artist in the world (waited 9 months for an appt and flew to LA for it). I also have a fairy on my chest...Original? not it that light but lets add that she is wearing cool looking work boots (Black Sabbath's Faries wear Boots....) and has a paintball gun in her hands (my paintball gun - drew it by looking at it) with 3 x's on the frame of the gun....will you ever see anything like that again - doubt it...so in that light - it is original.

[Sorry - it's late and I am bored at work......]
FM2CDJC Member #10

9. Thou shalt not kill. Unless some motherf****r is coming into your house to take your s**t! - The Nuge
nikon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EEP Grl wrote:
Yes it did. Thanks! Mr. Green How is your gecko by the way, do u have him on sand still?

I do but I am working on changing that a bit with your recent problems in min...thanks for the notice....picked up some slate today Mr. Green
FM2CDJC Member #10

EEP Grl
Hot Momma

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok...let me sound ignorant once more. What the hell is flash?Stuff off the walls in the studios? Thats my best guess.
Speaking of pin-ups did u see Joe's on that site i linked. I like the some of ones he does.
Whatever i'm just being defensive and therefore mean.. honestly i dont think anyone that has posted their work up here ot the other forum has had anything ugly or bad. Not all of it is stuff i would ever get... but i like simple plain looking designs, think cave paintings. More blocked images. NOT realism. But whatever, i didnt mean for this to turn out to be the tatto thread from hell. i Was just happy about getting mine. Wink
I will admit.. living in miami i tend to be aprehensive about people getting buetterflys and tribals on the smalls of their backs. Thats like EVERY girl in this city. Right after they all get their navel and tounge peirced, its like a 3 step process all the club kids go thru. I dont understand that.
BUT... whatever as long as its meaning full to the person its on is what i think counts. Thats it no more post for me on this thread.
I will however post pics tomrrow after i get it done.. for those that care.
Mr. Green Byes
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> The Vault All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: