Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Got my skid plates today!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Got my skid plates today! Reply with quote

I ordered a bunch of armor for the XJ last week and got it all today...LCA skids, engine/tranny skid and a t-case skid...all Skid Row. Hopefully (weather withstanding) I'll get 'em in this weekend.

I'll get plenty of pics and post a writeup.

Rock On!

Steve

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool.. That was probobly my best purchase.. I have used them and my sliders more than you can imagine...

Do you have a gas tank skid?? YOu will need one if not...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swamp boy wrote:
Cool.. That was probobly my best purchase.. I have used them and my sliders more than you can imagine...

Do you have a gas tank skid?? YOu will need one if not...

I will in 3-7 days. Mr. Green

I didn't really need one until my last excursion in November. I really wanted to push but had to hold back since I had no skids. Despite that I still ended up with rock rash on the crossmember and *GULP* the gas tank. Shocked

I wanted to order them all at once but I was having some problems finding a tank skid in stock (for the 97+ XJ, it's the same skid as the ZJ...which still does not explain the "shortage")...everyone was saying 6-8 weeks. With my next wheeling trip on March 20th, that would not do. So I just ordered the other skids and figured I'd keep looking.

I just found one (again...a Skid Row plate) at Crawltech.com in Texas and ordered it a couple of hours ago. thumbs

Can you say Steve's gonna be bouncing on some rocks?

Oh yeah, and the engine skid weighs a ton...can't wait to see how heavy the gas tank skid is...I might need to drop in a V8 to get the damn XJ to move afterwards!
laugh

Rock On!

Steve

Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gas tank skid is pretty heavy but well worth it.. My tank hits damn near everything I go over seems like and the skid has done a great job..
No complaints here.. Have fun installing them all and good luck...

Carl

Oh is the T-Case skid the same as a ZJ as well?? I have a buddy with an XJ and he is looking for one... I have seen an Up COuntry grand in the bone yard that is fully skidded and never thought of his XJ...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swamp boy wrote:
Oh is the T-Case skid the same as a ZJ as well?? I have a buddy with an XJ and he is looking for one... I have seen an Up COuntry grand in the bone yard that is fully skidded and never thought of his XJ...

Yup. Well, I should say that the Skid Row t-case plate (XJ-TCSP) fits 84-01 XJ's and 93-98 ZJ's...but it will not fit a ZJ with an NP249 t-case. If the ZJ has a NP249, I'm not sure if the skid will fit an XJ. I don't know what the differences between those skids are...

Steve

Quote:
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats weird since I just put a 242 in place of my 249 and my skid still works... Maybe the 231 is different...

Anyway.. It gives me a place to start..

Thanks..

carl

ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm...maybe the skid that fits over a 249 will fit over a 231 or 242...but not the other way around? Question then is...why make two?

I dunno...

Steve

Quote:
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, with the exception of the gas tank plate, I got all of the skids in today. The installs went very smoothly with no problems whatsoever. I'll get writeups done either this weekend or early next week and post 'em up with pictures.

I should be getting the gas tank skid Tuesday or Wednesday, so I'll install that one next weekend (again, weather permitting) with a writeup to follow shortly thereafter.

I can't wait to bounce the pile of junk off some rocks! thumbs

Steve

Quote:
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never mentoned it here but the gas tank skid went on backorder. furious It should ship on March 19...which means it won't be in place for the trip on the 20th. I'm pretty annoyed about it but there is not much I can do....

Quote:
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOOHOO! The gas tank skid shipped early! I got it today.

Installation is gonna be a PITA, as I gotta drop the hitch reciever to get it in, but I should be able to get it done on Friday........that way I can really bash the Jeep on some rocks on Saturday. thumbs

HAHA!
crazy jeep

Quote:
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As JC says, we want pics. Wink
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code3TJ wrote:
As JC says, we want pics. Wink

Ya, I'll get pics and they'll be a writeup on the install too. I just won't get to that until next week...my goal is to get it in there so I can wheel the grocery getter the next day (FM2CD trip to Shoe Creek) and show some rocks whos boss! pissed

Mr. Green

Steve

Quote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: