Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interco TrXus

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PAJeeper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: Interco TrXus Reply with quote

Rather than keep up the discussion about Todd's new tire's in the New AR Wheels thread I thought I would start a new one. What is the delivery situation with these tires? I have heard several times that they are as rare as rocking horse shit. There was Bob J who only wanted 1 tire and had to wait weeks. There was Wank who waited months while they gave him the run around. Are there any distributors for Interco TrXus tires anywhere in PA for instance? I would hate to ruin a tire and then have to wait weeks to get a replacement. I also read a report where sometimes they just dont balance and have to be sent back for replacement.
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned before I ordered mine from 4Wheel Parts. I cant say how "rare" they are but I wonder why mine got shipped from Fla? 4WP has 5 or 6 stores closer than that to me, but maybe they get a deal on freight with a company traveling I95 constantly? Im just guessing on that.

There are a couple of dealers here in New England that are a couple hours drive that stock the 33's I wanted, but for $20 to $30 more each for them and I have to kill 1/2 a day traveling and spending another $15 bucks on gas in my work van to go after. So ordering them was the only pratical way for me.

Real Jeeps dont wear Bra's
nikon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love those tires. I wish I could have bought them over the kumho's but I couldn't. I have looked around for them and only a couple of places had them. samsoffroad.com has them in 31s for 100.95 a piece but I don't know how their shipping is - Steve warned me about them saying that he has heard they are unreliable. Desertrat.com has Interco tires but they don't have the TrXus on there. I have been informed that their website doesn't have everything that they carry on it so you should call...I tried but I couldn't get through - justkept ringin. I called some local places and they can get them in 2 to 3 days. Of course they wanted 145 a tire but if you blow one then you don't have too many options.
I don't know if this helps at all but I thought that I would through it out there for ya
FM2CDJC Member #10

9. Thou shalt not kill. Unless some motherf****r is coming into your house to take your s**t! - The Nuge
PAJeeper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes thanks nikon it does help. I just want to know that I can get a tire on short notice if I have too. Under those circumstances I would mind paying the full price. it's just that I never see them advertised around here.

Thanks again.

Mike
nikon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen anything about 275s advertised around here...I just called some of the bigger shops in the area (Tire Kingdon and Tire Warehouse) and asked what the price per tire was and they both, and a couple others, also mentioned that they could get them for whatever price and have them within 2-3 or 3-4 days. If I had the $$ I def would have got them but that cost with the added cost of balancing and mounting - just too much. I got the Kumho's for about 100 cheaper which will allow me to get them balanced...

Anyone know if they are gonna charge me more for the mounting and balancing becuase I am having the Kumhos mounted to the rims that are on the YJ now? They have to take them off the jeep, take these 235s off and then mount the 31s, balance and put them on the jeep - gonna cost more? i will ask before I go but I just want to be prepared if they are gonna charge me more... Rolling Eyes
FM2CDJC Member #10

9. Thou shalt not kill. Unless some motherf****r is coming into your house to take your s**t! - The Nuge
PAJeeper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just don't go to NTB they charge an arm AND a leg for balancing.
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike have you checked out National Tire & Wheel?

There Trxus 12.5 x 33's are $132.60 each. I dont know what kind of freight charge they have. They are out of W.Virginia so not to far from PA. Even if you required an overnight delivery in an emergency it should be do-able without costing too much.

PAJeeper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK that's looks a good place too, how do their prices compare with 4WP?
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up paying $139.99 each delivered to my door from 4WP

The tires where $129.99 w/FREE shipping but then I got a $10 per tire packaging and handling charge cramed in there. Its still cheaper than local places could get them by quite alot. And I dont lose most of a day running to get them.

WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlike Hank the Spanker's Trxus taking months to receive, mine only took 10 days....so not bad.

So I run them over to my favorite Tire balancing and alinement guy to mount and balance before heading to work. I went to pick them up after work and he's still on tire #3 and he aint happy. Shocked Well he wasnt mad but frustrated and never wants to see an Interco tire ever again. All I can say is "Holy Wheel Weights Batman! It didnt realy take him all afternoon to balance them, he had to wait for the parts store to bring larger weights Rolling Eyes

I got them home and the redneck inside me made me change my wheels around on my TJ. I have 35 pounds in them, which is probably to much. I took it for a quick spin and all I can say is I like them. There way quieter than the MT/R's and much smoother too.

No picks yet of them mounted.....I didnt get them done till after dark.

ehirner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhatWasIThinkin wrote:
Unlike Hank the Spanker's Trxus taking months to receive, mine only took 10 days....so not bad.

Told you about 2 weeks...but they come through.

Quote:
All I can say is "Holy Wheel Weights Batman! It didnt realy take him all afternoon to balance them, he had to wait for the parts store to bring larger weights Rolling Eyes

Mine average about 12oz on each. The worst is about 16oz or so.

Quote:
I have 35 pounds in them, which is probably to much.

Yeah...definitely too high. I run mine at 28psi on road.
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I might give this a try on my next go round especially after my neverending quest to keep the claws balanced.
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today was my first off road run with the TrXus MT's and all I can say is WOW! These work great. Sorry no pics, I forgot my camera. The place I went was a forrest class 6 road and an old timber trail. So there was mud, mud on frost and some glare ice......so real slick going. This stuff would have given my stocker 02 X fits but the Rube just plods along threw the slop. I didnt need to really crank it and spin the tires. I ran in 2nd and 3rd lo and messed around locked and unlocked. One section that could have caused me troubles was a fairly steep hill with around 75 yards of glare ice on it....absoluetly nothing to create traction, just solid block of ice. Down in 2nd with out any slipping and later back up with no tire spin at all...awsome!

nikon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds great. Those tires are everything I wanted them to be from what you say - too bad I couldn't get them Finger
FM2CDJC Member #10

WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to a snowstorm yesterday I got to try the TrXus on snow covered and slick roads. These things are a blast.....all they want to do is dig and grab traction. I ended up using it to run around while working and was blasting around in 2WD and got anywhere I needed to go. I was a little concerned about running a 12.5" in snow where normally a narrow tire does better, but the TrXus just keep clawing along.
Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suspension, Steering & Tires All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: