Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jeeperman front bumper installation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JaySea

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Jeeperman front bumper installation Reply with quote

When I was shopping for a new front bumper I wanted one that was just as much function as looks...after awhile I discovered Jeeperman bumpers.....A bumper with all the extras in the base price.....winch plate, roller fairlead mount, d-ring mounts, and light tabs for mounting lights...not to mention how well built it is Very Happy Shocked

step one to removing stock bumper:
remove the 4 bolts at the top of the bumper where the tow hooks mount. After that remove the 2 bolts on the underside of the bumper and pull stocker bumper off.....

step two installing Jeeperman bumper:
because of the weight and size of this bumper it might help to have milk crates or even some buckets to set the bumper on to help with ease of installation....I didn't have either and got by without any probs....insert bumper in place of stocker and bolt back up....this bumper requires no modification to install....perfect fit....I even have a steering box skid and it fit perfect with that....i was very pleased to discover that fact.
After the bumper is on, bolt all the bolts back up and take a step back to look at your new Jeeperman bumper Very Happy

Some pics:
showing winch plate...also notice I switched the tow hooks around so that they could still be used with this bumper Very Happy

I don't have a winch yet so I decided to modify the little plastic swaybar cover to work with this bumper....I cut away any parts that would keep the cover from laying flat

here's how it looks with the cover:

here's a before and after pic :

If you have any questions about this bumper or the write-up you can PM me or email me.....
To get ahold of one of these excellent quality bumpers visit www.Raingler.com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yet another recommendation for Jeeperman bumpers, are you lot getting commission or something? Rolling Eyes
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish! No, they're just very high quality and actually built by by people who drive jeeps. I'll be posting my review of my tire carrier soon (I know, I've been saying that for a month) but suffice to say, I'm extremely happy with it. Cool
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I dont care that you both beat me to my Jeeperman writeup on both front and rear, Im still doing my own write-ups....so there nee-ner nee-ner

Real Jeeps dont wear Bra's
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Projects & Reviews All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: