Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OME Shocks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: OME Shocks Reply with quote

I know that there is a huge following for OME shocks here, so a question for anyone with them or has had them.

Do they have a break in period? I have run Edelbrocks IAS shocks on a few different vehicles and they did. Edelbrocks felt like junk for @20-25 miles and then like a light switch, they would start damping properly.

The reason I ask........if I hit the breaks there seems to be quite a bit of front end dive.

Real Jeeps dont wear Bra's
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I did not notice a break in period for them...but at the same time, the first 25 or 30 miles put on the TJ after the lift were all under 45 mph.

Now that it has a few hundred miles on it, we have not noticed any front end dive on the TJ under braking...even at highway speeds.

HTH

Steve

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Black2001TJ
Leopard Skin
Leopard Skin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a bad one in the rear.. Could you possibly have 1 or 2 bad? Every bump I took, the rear was jumping big time, I got it replaced and no issues since. I definitely don't remember any issues brakeing either..
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took it for a ride after I posted that and I think the shocks are okay. The "diving" was during the first maiden voyage with the new lift......I wonder if it was just the springs settling in. It seems to be just fine now.

Thanks
Todd

'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad it fixed itself for ya. I never had any kind of break in with mine...they were great from the get go. There is a bit of dive in the front now, but I attribute that more to the short arms and 4+" of suspension Confused .
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'drack wrote:
Glad it fixed itself for ya. I never had any kind of break in with mine...they were great from the get go. There is a bit of dive in the front now, but I attribute that more to the short arms and 4+" of suspension Confused .

I ended up with @4.75" of lift.....and still have the stock short arms. That would make sence. Its just something new to get used to.

This brings me to a question about UCA's and LCA's but I'll start a new thread instead of hi-jacking my own Wink

Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No break in period for me either. I am still happy with them

My Morning Jacket
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now with @ a month on my OME lift I can honestly say that I love it.
So far so good. I found that it did take a little getting used too. It was a while before I took up to 65 on the highway....didnt want wheels falling off or something stupid at speed. Everything seems nice and tight and no odd handeling.

I do get a minor steering vibe from @40-45 mph that goes away at higher speeds. So far I havent taken it for an allignment yet and the front is @1" off center. I still need to get my Big Daddies tierod on. Maybe this weekend...geesh theres never enough time in the day Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suspension, Steering & Tires All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: