Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New half top for TJ's...

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marlin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm certainly interested in it, but I wonder if you could remove the window, top, and keep the tonneau on there when you wanted to go topless.
ehirner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears as if they are the same company. Perhaps Caltops is trying to shed their horrible image.

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=508546
Marlin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were saying though that if you buy it from Josh Hansen it's alright so long as you don't get a bad top.

But www.hansens4x4.com has no page...
qadhafi
Club Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the site:

"Please use the menu on the left to navigate through the page"

Back from the Dead??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

qadhafi wrote:
From the site:

rofl rofl rofl rofl

If you do a search on JU....this CalTop's thing is a love/hate relationship that stems back a couple years(more so on the "hate" end of the spectrum). Basically it seems to be hit or miss, better success with going thru the dealer stateside....less than perfect going direct. I haven't ordered from either, so I won't pass judgement either way Mr. Green .
Marlin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qadhafi wrote:
From the site:

Don't laugh. I wasn't getting a menu. Must be my browser, I'll try it in another.
qadhafi
Club Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't laughing. If I was you'd see laugh rofl laugh

Back from the Dead??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
cerrano

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: GATORTOP Reply with quote

Hey guys I am new here and this post caught my attention. The company you are inquiring about does have some good products but it is better if you stay away from him as he has a no return or exchange policy as I have found out. I am in the edmonton area and have delt with Tim directly on an issue and I will give you guys the break down of it.

Bought a set of seatcovers for my 03 TJ that were suppossed to be the Khaki and black. I was told they were the right colour and I ordered them. Paying 120.00 each (240.00) and the turn around time was great it took him a day to have them done. I meet him at night to pick tem up and in the dark they looked good all though he had put a feature of some silver checker plate looking strip of fabric in it that i did not ask for, he just thought it would look cool. Well on a jeep that has no silver besides the rim it did not match but oh wel it was small. The next day I went to the gargrage and put them on and in the sun light I realized they were not the right colour as stated. I emailed him and he said to take them off and make sure they dont get dirty so he can resell them and he would get me new ones right away. Well time went buy and I contacted him again and he said he was busy as he made promises to retailers for goods and he was not going to be able to deliver if he did the covers so I told him to finish what he needed to and then contact me when they were ready.

Now the good part. After no contact I emailed him again about them and he told me he spent 4 days and 120.00 on material for these seats and he would not do them again and I am stuck with what I have basically. Well we DID want to order the back one as well but..... no more. It went on and i asked why no exchange policy and if i had known that that was the way it was i would not have got them in the first place I just would have ordered from Quadratec. and when that day and emails were all said and done this is the final email I got from him. Shows the kind of business man he is and why you should not deal with him.

A couple of things here, I have never talked to him on the phone about this, all emails between him and I were saved so about the situtation not being right I have proof of the time line and it went like this.

So it broke down like this.
Ordered March 2nd
Picked up March 2nd at 8pm Riverbend Square McDonalds. (1 day turnaround not 4)
Paid Cash 240.00
Design Color to be Khaki (turned out Green see attached photo as reference)
March 12 contacted you re colour said to make sure that they do not get dirty or creased as you would have new ones ready shortly (been sitting taking up space in garage and keep clean and unfolded as per your request since this date). Ordered back seat cover as well when the news ones were to be done. New colour.
May 7 contacted you as had not heard form you.
May 7 you contacted me as you said you were busy with tops and I told you to get back to me when you could.
Jan 1 2005 now this contact.

last email
Mike told me you were a fish taco. I didn't listen. You clearly are LIEING ABOUT THE SITUATION. I told you that these were not a match and you said go ahead. This is your fault my friend. I would not have made them if I knew you were going to change your mind DOES THAT NOT TELL YOU THAT YOU YOU YOU asked for them?

another email

INCORRECT I take an offense that you are clearly calling me a scam artist and a poor business man because you changed your mind after I custome made those and clearly described them as NOT A MATCH. You obviously have no concern for other people's time and well being but your own.

I clearly said to you on the phone that they were more of a green AND that I can NOT get a match. The name is Khakibut the green is not like the khaki of your interior or Jeep AND other Jeepers loved them and ordered the bench.

You took them in person and complimented them and said awe wow ! I can not believe you are tearing me down as a person and tearing down my business and insulting my business practises and trying to force me to make you new ones.

I don't think of you as a fish taco but I am just going to forget you are doing all this.

----- Original Message -----
To: 'GATOR TOP'
Sent: Saturday, January 01, 2005 1:34 PM
Subject: RE: Seat covers

Tim,

Changed my mind, it was not the colour you stated, but you know what don't worry about it man. I just now know. I run my own business as well, I am in clothing and I do know what the colour Khaki is. If you can not get the right colour that is fine. I will sell these and order from another company in the states then (good business the customer is wrong and takes the lose when it was the companies miss direction). You did maybe spend 4 days (according to emails it took you one day) and 120 on making them so then you made money as well and we have been so careful at your request not to get them dirty so you would be able to resell them. But I guess that was just something to say then to get me off your back. As well we wanted to get the one for the back seat. If I would have known that there was no way that we were not going to get what we asked for then I would of not ordered. It has been kind of amazing that we have ordered stuff for the jeep from other dealers in the Khaki colour and not once have we gotten the green you associate with it.

So it broke down like this.
Ordered March 2nd
Picked up March 2nd at 8pm Riverbend Square McDonalds. (1 day turnaround not 4)
Paid Cash 240.00
Design Color to be Khaki (turned out Green see attached photo as reference)
March 12 contacted you re colour said to make sure that they do not get dirty or creased as you would have new ones ready shortly (been sitting taking up space in garage and keep clean and unfolded as per your request since this date). Ordered back seat cover as well when the news ones were to be done. New colour.
May 7 contacted you as had not heard form you.
May 7 you contacted me as you said you were busy with tops and I told you to get back to me when you could.
Jan 1 2005 now this contact.

SO for the people I know that were requesting these covers, because they liked the way they looked, I will be sending to a company out if the states then. Don't worry about your time on this deal and I will make sure that your time doesn't get wasted anymore with any of our buddies.

Sorry for such the problem and I guess this ends this then.

Tyler
-----Original Message-----
Sent: January 1, 2005 1:13 PM
To: Tyler Ameccii
Subject: Re: Seat covers

I spent 4 days and $120 in materials making them on my time for you at your asking me. Who will pay me back for this first time and then again who would pay me back for the second time because you changed your mind?

To: 'GATOR TOP'
Sent: Saturday, January 01, 2005 12:56 PM
Subject: RE: Seat covers

so what do i do now. just be out the $ for what does not work. just a question bro?

-----Original Message-----
Sent: January 1, 2005 1:05 PM
To: Tyler Ameccii
Subject: Re: Seat covers

Sorry Tyler I am not able to do them .

To: sales@gatortop.com
Sent: Saturday, January 01, 2005 12:46 PM
Subject: Seat covers

Tim it is Tyler and I am still waiting for the right seat covers as well as the back ones for my jeep. I have attached all the emails we have been through and you informed me that you would have them done before long. Please let me know about this and I hope to see these soon ,as these other ones we paid for are just sitting in the garage waiting for you to get them.

Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon.

Ciao

I hope this clear up why the guy had to change his company name. Oh and www.halftops.com his his as well.

Tyler
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That really sucks - sorry to hear that you ended up getting screwed. Do you have any recourse (i.e. paid by credit card that you can do a chargeback?)
cerrano

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: NOPE Reply with quote

No was told could trust him by the MIKE guy in the email friend of a good friend, and well paid cah so no reciept, no record for him right and no taxes then. So out the cash. Anybody need them as they match well I have them....lol for 03 TJ sahara
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear this. Like ya said, the guy's got some really great ideas for open top Jeeps....unfortunately it seems he's still got alot of the original problems that I read about the first time I heard of his customer service issues (ironically it was a seat cover issue as well Neutral ).
JAHaagCO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been wanting a halftop ever sicne i got my jeep but they are so damned expensive.
Which one is the best for the money? Does anybody know?
ehirner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bestop is the only one that makes one besides California tops. That I know of.
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That or the RockCrusher one. Not positive that they're still on the market, they're basically Steel Horse under a different name. Me, after hearing about the same old same old CS with Cal/Gator/whatever Tops, I'd prolly go with the Bestop route.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: