Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2005 Budget

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> FM2CD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: 2005 Budget Reply with quote

SEE THIS THREAD FOR THE MOST RECENT INFORMATION ON THIS TOPIC!

Yeah, I know it's only 2nd quarter of 2004...but I wanted to get this done so that by Jan of 2005 we can implement a dues structure and get all of our national affiliations in place. The budget is based on a $25 membership fee from our current roster of 12 members which is detailed on the "Worksheet" and "Receipts" pages. On the "Disbursements" page are our proposed expenses , including club memberships to UFWDA, The Blue Ribbon Coalition and Tread Lightly. Website hosting is also factored in starting in April 2005 (we are currently paid up until then).

Then look at the Pro Forma (Cash Flow) sheet...you can see all the red. Red, of course, is bad.

***Link Removed***

Again, this is based on our current roster of 12 members. If we get 8 more members we'll be in the black. So 20 members is our magic number folks.

As we continue to grow, we'll be able to give members added value for their money, such as state & local affiliations, stickers, etc.

Thoughts, ideas, opinions?

Steve

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Last edited by ThePhantum on Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok baby I was looking over the budget you came up with. My concern is based on the current dues we will pay ($25) and only 12 members we are falling short by a $109.54. Maybe we can consider razing dues to $30 a year in case we donít reach that 20-member goal. That way we will only be short by 50 bucks. We could make up for the 50 bucks in some sort of fundraiser.

Also another consideration, do we want to break up the budget by state chapters?

1. That way when we are in the back, each state will know how much extra money they have. If a local state chapter wanted to use the extra money for a local event they are having they could. (I.E. the extra money could be used to buy the food for a trail ride.)
2. Also, you talked about eventuly adding local state 4 wheelin affiliations. The cost may differ from state to state and we will need to reflect that.

What do you guys think?

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jen2Goofy wrote:
Ok baby I was looking over the budget you came up with. My concern is based on the current dues we will pay ($25) and only 12 members we are falling short by a $109.54. Maybe we can consider razing dues to $30 a year in case we donít reach that 20-member goal. That way we will only be short by 50 bucks. We could make up for the 50 bucks in some sort of fundraiser.

Also another consideration, do we want to break up the budget by state chapters?

1. That way when we are in the back, each state will know how much extra money they have. If a local state chapter wanted to use the extra money for a local event they are having they could. (I.E. the extra money could be used to buy the food for a trail ride.)
2. Also, you talked about eventuly adding local state 4 wheelin affiliations. The cost may differ from state to state and we will need to reflect that.

What do you guys think?

The budget is more of a goal to reach by this time next year. It reflects the membership levels necessary to achieve the affiliations we want, while keeping the dues structure reasonable. As membership rises, we would be able to start lowering the national dues and allow more money to be left with the local chapters, who would do their own budgets (or more accuratley, extensions of the national budget).

So for example, if we had 50 members (and assuming that national expenditures stay the same), we would only have to charge $15.80 per member and allow the other $9.20 per to stay with the local chapters. Given a situation like this, there's nothing to say that the chapters can't set their own dues structure. Using the example above, a chapter could charge $35, with $15.80 going to the national organization and $19.20 staying local. Chapters could also host fundraisers to raise money for their local needs. The only caveat to that is that the chapter has to account for where the funds are going. We are not trying to make money here...just self sustain.

So as we continue to grow, the budget will be updated to reflect these new goals.

Dale, Derek and I have been talking about what we can do to help facilitate that growth. We'll talk tonight baby.

Steve

Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Y2K-XJ

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This all sounds good to me! Now as far as the membership fee(whatever it is) what is included? tread lightly stickers/certificate,other ?
FM2CD Stickers?
T-shirts ? ?????????? Im gonna have to have something to offer my members than just a thanks for the $30.00(or whatever) and welcome aboard, Lets wheel..
People out here will pay but they also like to show what there a part of, IE stickers/t-shirts....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y2K-XJ wrote:
This all sounds good to me! Now as far as the membership fee(whatever it is) what is included? tread lightly stickers/certificate,other ?
FM2CD Stickers?
T-shirts ? ?????????? Im gonna have to have something to offer my members than just a thanks for the $30.00(or whatever) and welcome aboard, Lets wheel..
People out here will pay but they also like to show what there a part of, IE stickers/t-shirts....

At a bare minimum, members would get an FM2CD sticker and a membership card. They would also get an annual membership to UFWDA, which includes a sticker and membership card as well. Tread lightly and Blue Ribbon coalition stickers are strong possiblities too...still workin on it all... Mr. Green

Steve

Quote:
Y2K-XJ

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just recieved this this is from our big Giant! land issue lady out here!!! check it out..

Good job Rob! Our groups must join together and become involved in the land issues

There are several ways to go with your club memberships..........

Joining the individual organizations is always good and can be done
individually irregardless of your other memberships but by joining the
ASA4WDC you get all the individual memberships (BRC; Tread Lightly [ASA4WDC
is a charter member]; and United [this membership brings us vote within the
United Board and an "staff attorney"]; along with state trust permits for
your club events/runs and liability insurance for all your club events/runs.
ASA4WDC dues are $20.00 per person per year................ All the above
are included.

I have a by-law "template" as well as an incorporation template if you're
interested in going that way............ Although clubs no longer are
required to be individually incorporated to join the ASA4WDC.

The "Land Use" stuff never ends................... Only gets bigger. By
OHV showing support and STRENGTH we are actually beginning to convince the
agencies we do have power. ORBA sent a letter last week to the State
(Governor) indicating a "60 day notice to sue" unless our OHV Gas Tax Money
was returned............... As of yesterday I was notified "we have
$2,000,000.00 back." I don't know if this will continue but I certainly
plan on checking it out and ORBA will help ensure we get it locked up like
the Heritage Funds so they cannot be robbed again. YOUR letters helped with
issues like this.

I'm heading to D.C. week after next to meet with the BLM Director and the
top six Recreation staff members.............. We'll see what that brings.

Anyway............ Let me know what I can do to help.

Sandee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Y2K-XJ

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This ASA4WDC thing sounds like a great package deal!!!!! $20.00 per member per year for what was it 4-5 different associations?
Ill check into it more and would you guys to please do the same!
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like FM2CD offers the same affiliations that are listed there. We also already have national by-laws and chapter level by-laws.

Now, as far as "state trust permits" and "liability insurance" for club runs, I'm not sure what is required in AZ for trail runs...I would look more into that. Lemme know what the deal is so we can figure out what FM2CD can do for you on that front as well.

Rock On!

Steve

Quote:
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> FM2CD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: