Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trail Ride at Beasley Knob in Blairsville, GA April 10

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> FM2CD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qadhafi
Club Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Trail Ride at Beasley Knob in Blairsville, GA April 10 Reply with quote

So we're going to have our first official trail ride at Rich Mtn just outside of Blairsville, GA. This ride is open to everyone. Details will follow soon regarding directions, and required vehicle equipment. I just wanted to let everyone know early in case they need to ask off from work.

Email me if you plan on going. Right now it looks like Just Me and Bryan, possibly one other person.

Back from the Dead??

Last edited by qadhafi on Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How was the trail ride this past weekend? I hope you guys had fun!!!

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
qadhafi
Club Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jen2Goofy wrote:
How was the trail ride this past weekend? I hope you guys had fun!!!

It was pretty cool, but it was my last run until I do something with the tranny. We met some pretty cool guys from Toccoa and ran with them on most of the trails. That and the camera battery not charging is my excuse for no pics. You can't really stop a lot when you're running with people you don't know.

Oh yeah, I ran my first official "Most Difficult" on Sat. Let's put it this way- there was a busted axle shaft at the top of the hill. I guess it was more of an offering and less of trail trash. Oh yeah, and Bryan's passenger opted to WALK up a 400 yd hill at about a 40-60 degree slope rather than ride up it.

Back from the Dead??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qadhafi wrote:

It was pretty cool, but it was my last run until I do something with the tranny. We met some pretty cool guys from Toccoa and ran with them on most of the trails. That and the camera battery not charging is my excuse for no pics. You can't really stop a lot when you're running with people you don't know.

Oh yeah, I ran my first official "Most Difficult" on Sat. Let's put it this way- there was a busted axle shaft at the top of the hill. I guess it was more of an offering and less of trail trash. Oh yeah, and Bryan's passenger opted to WALK up a 400 yd hill at about a 40-60 degree slope rather than ride up it.

Too bad that there's no pics...I was looking forward to seeing them. Confused

So Bryans passenger was afraid of going up the slope in a Jeep huh? What, thought it was gonna roll or something?

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WAITAMINUTE YOU tool

qadhafi wrote:
Camera An ultra high speed $2000 camera is discouraged. You will break it. Digital cameras and disposals are encouraged. Bring extra film/disks/batteries with you.

What happened to this? Finger

Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Last edited by ThePhantum on Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:23 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
majikxms

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Recommended Equipment for Trail Rides is a great list, don't ya think?
qadhafi
Club Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thephantum wrote:
WAITAMINUTE YOU tool

qadhafi wrote:
Camera An ultra high speed $2000 camera is discouraged. You will break it. Digital cameras and disposals are encouraged. Bring extra film/disks/batteries with you.

What happened to this? Finger

I don't have a spare batt for my digital camera. They cost about as muc has what I gave for the camera in the first place. I plugged it up for it to charge the night before and grabbed it on my way out. For some unkown reason it did not charge. Now the camcorder was my bad, I did forget it.

I tried to explain that we were part of a larger group who was not taking any kind of pictures. For us to be getting out every 5 minutes would have probably pissed them off.

Bryan and I talked about it and came to the conclusion that this run would be a learning experience and that we would go back as soon as we could. I've got to do something with my tranny and after that we'll probably head back as soon as we can.

Oh, and if you don't like that eat me

Back from the Dead??
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rofl rofl rofl

Dude you need to relax...we're just bustin' yer horns.

Since you did not get pics of this run...I figured that I would post some old ones and you could say they are new ==>Clicky laugh

Quote:
qadhafi
Club Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thephantum wrote:
rofl rofl rofl

Dude you need to relax...we're just bustin' yer horns.

Since you did not get pics of this run...I figured that I would post some old ones and you could say they are new ==>Clicky laugh

Normally I would, but for some reason I'm depressed as hell about my tranny. All my income tax refund is going to go into fixing it I guess. There goes the cage and tire carrier and seats. angry

Back from the Dead??
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> FM2CD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: