Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New WolfTop (from gatortop.com)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
w3apon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: New WolfTop (from gatortop.com) Reply with quote

I just got another email from gatortop and looks like they are coming out with another design that looks pretty interesting.
Seems to still be in design stage and not yet completed and didnt say how much $$$ but i think this one I will definately have to check out:

Here is the email (I put the pic from the email on my website):

NEW WOLF TOP! Mock drawing
Forecasted Features:
*2 complete tops in 1 (later)
*More than 10 positions (later)
*Hydraulic Tonneau (now):
Netting
Rack
Sunroof
Extended Cab
Sound bar inside
True convertible (folds down instantly)

ehirner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks kinda fugly.
XJ Fanatics Girl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting........ inform us when you get some more info bout it Cool
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you selling these or what?
w3apon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I am not selling these, I'm looking to buy a soft top and I just get these emails from them and thought I'd share with you guys.

I asked them about the top and "Tim Taylor" said they should be ready for sale by the end of the month.

Fortunately for me I live in Calgary which is only 3 hours away from where they are in Edmonton so I will be gonig buy to check them out when they are ready.
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting top! Don't know if I'm sold on it. I would need to see it in person, or better pictures.

My Morning Jacket
cdogstu99

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a few exchanges with the guy from California/Gator Tops:

i emailed the guy at california tops about some info and told him i was buying a bestop halftop, and asked why i would like his top and he responded as such:

"Their top is the most slapped together, saggy, ugly, inferior, mess, I have ever seen in my entire life. That is the second top I have seen of theirs up close and I am shocked at how they can get into every store coast to coast and world wide and boast BEST . I wouldn't have the guts to make a top where the bug screen can't come out or where the top is all one piece , either on or off , etc. I just have a conscience or I am just way more desperite for the sale and more humble or maybe it is the fact I drove my half top with a hundred friends of mine too and I talk to them dailey and see my top on all their Jeeps and hear what they say. I swear the person at BESTOP designing these tops is a NEW Rooky. No way the same guy who made the tops years ago is making these ones. No way. GO AHEAD AND BUY BESTOP'S HALF TOP but make sure you check out my site at the end of April or in the start of May when I bring out my new HYDRAULIC WOLF TOP and then in June my new YUKON TOP!"

So I took a look at his Gator top at www.gatortop.com and really liked the look of it and asked him the price and this is what i got back:

"Thank you! The Gator Top was $650 with rack, bags, sunroof, hydraulic tonneau, etc BUT I am in the process of turning it into the new WOLF TOP! The new Wolf Top is the next step up on it so if you give me to the end of April and maybe the start of May, I will have an awesome new half top. My basic Half top is a 5 piece system. You can remove each section or ride with each section on by itself. The side corners can come off, leaving the back window in like a windjammer, etc. "

Then I saw all the negative stuff about this company and told him that i couldn't buy from a place with all of these problems and he responded with
"Thanks Chris. Pass this on: Tell them guys to suck my dick . hehehe "

Seems like this guy is a bit out there....nontheless if you look at that gator top, it looks damn good. Does anyone have one of these and should I have the guts to purchase one?

Thanks in advance
w3apon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah he doesn't seem to quite have the professionalism that would be expected of a sales guy. I've recieved a few of their sales type emails and quite honestly on a few of them it sounded like he was drunk writing them.
But if the top is good and priced fairly I'll consider it. Since I live relatively close I'll go check them out in person once he tells me they are ready.
rich02tj

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that gator top but $625....hmmm not sure I would spend that much for a more advanced ....Duster, bikini and windjamer
Locked F&R / Tera 4 to 1 Kit
And Other Stuff...

ANTHRACITE JEEP & 4X4 ASSOCCIATION
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: