Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

T-case linkage adjustment???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:54 am    Post subject: T-case linkage adjustment??? Reply with quote

I just did a MML and BL (posted a little write up in projects & reviews). At the same time I installed the shifter relocation plate that came with the body lift. Now the shifter won't shift all the way into 4-low. Is there a way to adjust the linkage on an 01 TJ with a 5speed? I've done some searches, and seems like some linkage is adjustable and some isn't. I'm not sure and hoping someone has already had to address this issue. Thanks in advance.
Tom
ehirner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: T-case linkage adjustment??? Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
I just did a MML and BL (posted a little write up in projects & reviews). At the same time I installed the shifter relocation plate that came with the body lift. Now the shifter won't shift all the way into 4-low. Is there a way to adjust the linkage on an 01 TJ with a 5speed? I've done some searches, and seems like some linkage is adjustable and some isn't. I'm not sure and hoping someone has already had to address this issue. Thanks in advance.
Tom

There should be an adjustment screw on the long linkage rod. If you loosen it, the rod should slide through. Just try playing with the length.
swanem

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's correct. Try putting it in 4lo with the screw loose (use pliers to put it in lo on the T/C), then tighten the screw up. Sorry it's in russian, but you get the drift.

WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those Russians think of everything Shocked

Real Jeeps dont wear Bra's
Tom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for all the info. The picture definately helped a lot. I will be doing the adjustment tonight, and I'll let you know how it goes. As for the Russian, don't worry about it. Just insert words like thingamagig, and doomaflachy. LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Drivetrain All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: