Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seacoast Jeeperz 04/24/04 Mud Fest

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: Seacoast Jeeperz 04/24/04 Mud Fest Reply with quote

Another ride with the Seacoast Jeeperz today. Also to be known as We Survived Gabes Day! Wink We had a great time getting muddy, having BBQ and enjoying the fun of other Jeeperz.

A couple pics of my muddy rig....I had a great time and I love my lockers and TrXus tires.....no stucks for me Mr. Green

Some other Jeeperz having fun

What happens when a Libby driver with no tow or recovery points tries to rescue a stuck Wrangler? Well it wasnt pretty rofl

Someone could have planted corn in all the mud we left in the street in front of Gabe and Brians house Mr. Green

Real Jeeps dont wear Bra's
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah geez, there goes the nieghborhood. Mr. Green
Looks like a great time - how'd the Libby survive?
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code3TJ wrote:
Ah geez, there goes the nieghborhood. Mr. Green
Looks like a great time - how'd the Libby survive?

Well it took a while to get him out. The guy actually does quite well with it. The problem is that he dosent have any front hook points. He takes alot of flack for not buying a TJ. He realy had it tough getting out of the woods trail that got us into the bog. It turned messy and took hours to get him and a few others out. Amazing that there wasnt any damage done. He does have leather interior......yeah thats handy for froading Rolling Eyes rofl he's mall rated!

nikon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where in NH were you guys? Looks like it was a good time.
You bringin up that Lib brings up a point that I have been struggling with since i bought the YJ - I have no recovery point on the front or rear. Here is a look at my front end - where the hell can I throw some D-Rings on her?

This front bumper attaches to where I would attach some hooks but there is no other place to attach anything too. Only thing that I could think of for front recovery is to wrap the strap around the whole bottom front - by going under the plastic jeep cover thingy and around where the lights are (then I risk rippin off the lights). Any thoughts. I would def rather d-rings than hooks but at this point I just need something that I can attach a strap to.
FM2CDJC Member #10

9. Thou shalt not kill. Unless some motherf****r is coming into your house to take your s**t! - The Nuge
ehirner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikon wrote:

Get some tow hooks on those frame rails. Use the bolts that attach the bumper to the frame. You may not be able to use regular hooks, but there are some out there where the hook part is at an angle with the mount. They are factory hooks from a Landcruiser or something like that.

Whatever you do, do NOT pull using that bumper. They aren't designed to be pulled like that and you will do damage or get somebody hurt when it let's loose. Worst case scenario, I'd pull by your shackles or axles before yanking on the bumper. But even the axles iffy with the steering components in the way.
nikon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds good. I will search around and see what I can find
FM2CDJC Member #10

9. Thou shalt not kill. Unless some motherf****r is coming into your house to take your s**t! - The Nuge
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikon wrote:
Where in NH were you guys? Looks like it was a good time.

We were over in Eliot Maine, which is just across the border from the Portsmouth NH area........near the coast. Everyone had a good time.
Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Events & Places All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: