Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I went and done it...

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KnightFire

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, got all the parts in, just waiting on the POR-15 now. Code3, the labels were a PITA at first, but I just busted out my handy razor blade scraper, it they came off very nicely. The scraper looks exactly like this one:

I highly recommend getting one, it will save you a lot of frustration when removing decals from glass or labels from parts Wink

The Rocker Knockers make my Nerf Bars look like Tinker Toys...just incredible. I'll post some pics once I get my POR-15, paint them, and mount them. I'm really not looking forward to drilling holes into my tub, but I knew it came with the territory.

KnightFire

Amsoil Dealer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just take your time and try to keep the drill perpendicular to the tub and you'll be okay. Also, on the driver's side, watch for a wiring harness that runs right along where you'll be drilling.
Oh yeah, I didn't bother trimming the body mounts. Wink
KnightFire

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code3TJ wrote:

Oh yeah, I didn't bother trimming the body mounts. Wink

DO TELL! I have a DayStar 1" BL, I've read the instructions a few times and it states that you MUST trim 3/16" off the rubber mounts...how did you by-pass this? Did you end up with a gap?
Did you loosen all the body mounts when you installed yours? KnightFire

Amsoil Dealer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you must loosen all the mounts, but only do one side at a time. I put them on, tightened everything down and then drilled the holes. I don't know if that was the proper way of doing it, but I wanted to make sure everything was lined up. So far I haven't had any problems by not trimming them and there's not a gap. I guess if I wanted to do it right, I could get some 3/16" washers for the other mounts and end up with an additional 3/16" body lift. Mr. Green
KnightFire

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code3TJ wrote:
I guess if I wanted to do it right, I could get some 3/16" washers for the other mounts and end up with an additional 3/16" body lift. Mr. Green

ROFLOL,
We think alike, I was thinking about going to Home Depot and getting some 3/16" galvonized washers, just so I wouldn't have to cut my BL pucks...

KnightFire

Amsoil Dealer
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How'd it go? Wink
KnightFire

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code3TJ wrote:
How'd it go? Wink

Well the easy bolt on stuff went on beautifully/easily (Rock Rings and Steering Gaurd)...I painted the Rock Krushers with POR-15 and I totally F'ed em up...well its not THAT bad...but not up to my standards.

I followed the directions to the letter and the damned POR-15 "slid"...not one run...but the entire surface has one BIG run about 1" long on BOTH of them, of course its the side that shows...so I found someone local to me that will media blast it and powder coat it for me for $60.00, I drop them off on next Monday and should have them back by Thursday, leaving the install for Saturday. I'm going to have him powder coat the hardware too, I'm going to see if he can do it where it won't affect the size of the hex heads...still kinda nervous about drilling holes in the tub though, LOL.

I went to home depot to find some 3/16" washers...they didn't have any...so I'll keep looking, or I might just do as you did and see how it goes without altering the BL pucks.

I'm still waiting on the gaskets I got from www.mesa4x4.com to go in between the body and the Krushers...he closed his doors, hoepfully my order will be filled, only time will tell I guess.

Trust me, I'll post some pics when their done Smile

KnightFire

Amsoil Dealer
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks about the POR15. I haven't had it do that to me. Let me know if you have trouble finding the washers. I have a store nearby that that's all they sell are oddball bolts, washers and nuts.
T.O.W. Vehicle

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:45 am    Post subject: Powder coat cost Reply with quote

I paid the extra fifty bucks to get my new Schrockbars coated before shipping them to me. I like the looks but know too, that after some rubbing on the rocks I will be rattle canning them as well. Had to do the same to my new front bumper after a trip to Uwharrie and tried to get up Posing Rock.
Warn X8000i winch, Warn Rock Bumpers
RE 4.5"Super Flex Lift
AA HD SYE
JKS Quicker Disconnects
Shrockguards
Tellico & Windrock Tested & Customized!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: