Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rear (RE Adj.) TBar knocking into (Stock) Gas Tank Skid..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black2001TJ
Leopard Skin
Leopard Skin

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 5:39 am    Post subject: Rear (RE Adj.) TBar knocking into (Stock) Gas Tank Skid.. Reply with quote

So, with the amazing help of Erik, we got the SYE/CV DS installed and a new set up upper CAs and rear Track bar (Adj.).. Again, I couldn't be happier with the SYE/CV, it's amazing!!

I have this knocking in the rear, so I assumed it was the Rear Tbar and Gas Tank Skid knocking.. I didn't use a relocation bracket and the Tbar fits nicely.. However, it is knocking into the top passenger side corner of the stock gas tank skid. At rest, they are about 1/8th" or smaller apart, so it makes sense that they would knock. Is this anything to worry about? I could care less about the knock.. TIA
ehirner

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're not concerned with the actual knock, I wouldn't worry about it. Depending on how and where it's hitting, we could clearance the skid a bit to give you more room. The other option is to loosen the nuts holding the skid on and try to adjust it's position to give you more clearance. I know Kilby's skid compensates for the clearance issue by shifting the tank to the passenger side a bit and have cutouts in the skid to provide even more clearance.
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem when I installed my lift. I have stock gas tank skid, stock trackbar and OME relocation bracket. I noticed this before I lowered my rig off the jackstands. There is a corner where the tank skid bends that was barely touching the trackbar. A few well placed hits to that corner of the skid with Mr. BFH took care of it and no more problem.

Real Jeeps dont wear Bra's
Black2001TJ
Leopard Skin
Leopard Skin

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet, thanks guys, I'll prolly do the same cause it's FREEEEE!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suspension, Steering & Tires All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: