Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

God damn Jeep speakers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DozerDan
What the deuce?
What the deuce?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: God damn Jeep speakers Reply with quote

my tweeters in the dash when out, no big deal right ill get some new ones.

So i go to the store the guy looks it up and hands me a set, i pay and go home. try to install the things and they are WAY to big.

I can open the hole enough for them to fit in but they are way too deep, bring them back and they dont have any smaller ones, no one has smaller ones.

I hate jeeps
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut the holes bigger... OR go on Ebay and look up tweeters .. They have small piezo speakers on there that will fit..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ehirner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Crutchfield.
DozerDan
What the deuce?
What the deuce?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swamp boy wrote:
Cut the holes bigger... OR go on Ebay and look up tweeters .. They have small piezo speakers on there that will fit..

if i cut the hole bigger how do i mount them.... i started to open them up but even soo the hole wasnt deep enough
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ehirner wrote:
Try Crutchfield.

Ditto...they are usually pretty accurate with what will fit where...

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Buddha_Kip

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's a strange size...2" i think. Not even Infinity aftermarket offers this size. what you can do is take the oem tweeter out, and trace the outline and screw holes onto a thin sheet of aluminum (times 2)...cut these out and use as mount brackets. then go get some standard 1" tweeters of your liking and cut holes in the brackets you made to fit the new tweeters, splice in the original wire plugs, and voila, better than oem speakers up there.. use the flushmount cup that comes with the tweeters (don't worry, you should have plenty of hole depth to use these).
What the deuce?
What the deuce?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a 3.5 that is not as deep and cut the hole bigger to fit.

I got some infinity's

So far i just about have the pass side done
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have infinitys in mine.. I could pull one out and fine out which ones if you need.. I know I have Reference 512's in the doors but I cant remember what I have in the dash.. They are very small.. and Very shallow...

Carl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DozerDan
What the deuce?
What the deuce?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well they are in. i need to cut more bc with the dash cover on it hits them, iwth it off they sound sweet though.
kygreenyj

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: God damn Jeep speakers Reply with quote

DozerDan wrote:

So i go to the store the guy looks it up and hands me a set, i pay and go home. try to install the things and they are WAY to big.

haha retail sales people if only you knew how much some of them didn't

06 Ford Escape Hybrid

03 KLR 650
thunderchooch

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that someone on another forum had the same problem with their tweeters. They spliced the speaker connections and ran the wire up the A-pillars and put some Polk 1" tweeters right up there by the sunvisors. It looked pretty good I think. They said it sounded good too, because the tweeter was pointed right at you now instead of the windshield. I think I actually saw it on cardomain.

Brian
Tom Woods Driveshaft
OME SS and Shocks
Surco Roof rack W/ lights
JKS Q.D.'s, Cb and PA
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: