Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Got permission to wheel

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nikon

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 10:45 am    Post subject: Got permission to wheel Reply with quote

I was scoutin today on my motorcycle and I came across a set of powerlines. No gate, no signs and traces of wheels. I go to the police station to ask who's it is and what i would need to do to get permission to be there. They point me to the clerk, right next door. Find out who owns the land and call em up. I got the "I can't give written permission for you to be here but if there are no gate and no sign you are more than welcome to use it." He said "have at it". I wrote down everything we said to each other, time and date, person and phone number. Happy Will Mr. Green
FM2CDJC Member #10

9. Thou shalt not kill. Unless some motherf****r is coming into your house to take your s**t! - The Nuge
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thats awsome. Treat it as your own so to speak. Carry out what ever you carry in. Riding areas are hard to find sometimes. Another thing should you want to bring friends in there to wheel, bring responcible friends....the key word being responcible. I dont want this to sound like a lecture,,,to late for that anyway Finger but you have admitted that you havent realy wheeled much before and sometimes stuff happens unexpectantly.

So that I dont go on yamering on about this too much, my point is(finally rofl) show the land owner the due respct that he is trusting you with by allowing you on his property.

And take pics of the adventure for us too!
Wink

Real Jeeps dont wear Bra's
nikon

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhatWasIThinkin wrote:
Another thing should you want to bring friends in there to wheel, bring responcible friends....the key word being responcible.
Wink

if you can explain what responicible means I will be happy to be it Finger

I do understnad what responsible means....... Finger
FM2CDJC Member #10

9. Thou shalt not kill. Unless some motherf****r is coming into your house to take your s**t! - The Nuge
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikon wrote:
I do understnad what responsible means....... Finger

Todd, do you understnad what he's talking about? Finger
Glad you found some land that hasn't been closed. Mr. Green
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to sound off on ya man.....honestly, I realy didnt mean to lecture. You did the right thing and asked to go on the property and amazingly enough you got an okay....dont take that personal. If you only new how many requests like that get denied. And anyway, I didnt say you werent responcible.....asking for permission kinda tells me that your on the right path.

What happens all too often with a sport like this though, all the best intentions can go down the drain fast if you allow just 1 person into the group that cant act like an adult and keep there nose clean. So enjoy the place, take lots of pics for us.

Very Happy

Real Jeeps dont wear Bra's
nikon

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just given you a hard time. I didn't take it as lecturing. I double checked that damn post to make sure that I didn't spell anything wrong and I noticed that I did spell spell understnad wrong so I went back to fix it - I must have spelled it wrong twice in a row Mr. Green

An hour and a half of sleep in 3 days will do that to a man
FM2CDJC Member #10

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Land Use Issues All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: