Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moab update

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:16 am    Post subject: Moab update Reply with quote

The closing period for public comment on the new resource management plan was Dec 30th (sorry we didn't exist or I would've given more notice.) The BLM received over 7,000 letters. Basically, they're creating a usage plan for the next 15 years including Grand and San Juan counties. Of course, one of the things that is being looked at is the restriction of off-road vehicles.
For updates, look here:
http://www.moabrmp.com/
http://www.monticellormp.com/index.html
In related news, the Lower Hellorado trail was closed recently after a private party bought the property in October. They're also trying to close Upper Hellorado (unlikely) and Strike Ravine (likely). The county has scheduled a hearing to discuss the closures.
http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/landuse_helldorado.html
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For interested parties, the parcel of land on which the upper Helldorado trail is located, is going to be up for auction on May 14, 2004. Confused
http://www.utahtrustlands.com/surface/land_sales/ls_sale_details.asp?id=81
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A large portion was purchased today by Jeremy Parriot of BFE Films fame. Mr. Green
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hello everyone,
This is Jeremy Parriott with BFE Films.
I wanted to write in here and say thanks for all the support on our recent purchase of upper helldorado. We did buy the 320 percel that Helldorado falls in. Our goal is to create a area for all of us to use. Our intent is to make it as extreme as we can. I am not one for easy wheelin... We will have climbing areas, Mt. Bike areas, a ton of single track for motorcycles, and of course, BAD ASS ROCKCRAWLING trails. Kevin Hawkins did a great thing when he laid out Helldorado. We intend to keep it in this fashion. So much research went into this and it is real early to say all of what we intend to do. There will be a killer loop for haulin ass in pre runners for sure. Those who know me will understand that one! We will have a couple simple trails. Well that is, at least one trail that is as easy as Helldorado is and one a bit easier. But that is it. Come prepared if you intend on wheelin. I know some people won't agree with this. But it is the best way for us to combat the fact that our local BLM is sick of trails getting spurred by people looking for harder obstacles. So this is what we offer. Believe me, we have all their support for this! As well as the support from hundreds of others.
I do want to explain the bid game for the property. How many people like poker? It went like this. I gathered a group of people and showed up with the ability to go up to 250,000.00. It sounds huge, but you are only bidding 10 percent. So I carried up 25 grand. But to close the deal you have about 9 grand in fees. So in reality I could only go so far. I hooked up with several people up there who offered their support. They wanted the lower portion, but were instantly out bid. (188 grand outbid!) So they offered help to me. I don't feel it is my place to mention those involved, but I must thank them. It once again made me realize how amazing the 4 wheel drive community really is! But I want to shield them from any controversy and deal with that myself. Maybe in the future I will let you know who they are...
We knew the bidding would start super low. But all the bids are sealed. So if your bid is within 20 percent of the high bid you can remain in the running. If not, well you are finished! So we figured bidding would be low. So I changed our bid at the last minute to include the full amount we were willing to go. If it turned into a bidding war we would have been shut out for sure. So the key was to gamble that our bid would blow every one else out of the water. (So they wouldn't be within 20 percent!) Thank the grace of God because it worked! Everyone was left standing there with their mouth dropped!
Now please let it be known that anyone anywhere can do the same thing. We are a bunch of broke ass regular guys. We just stood together. We won this time. So let it be a lesson to everyone about working together. Now, we are faced with raising the 30 grand a year to pay the payments! This is the reality of it! But I think we will have help with this and we've got a great plan. Any help or ideas are welcome. But the truth is for everyone out there that stood by and made comments about the "Greens" and how they buy up things and piss you off, well shame on you for not acting on it! (Bad run on sentence..) But seriously, as off road enthusiast we do need to help each other out. Sometimes you need to put your own personal agenda aside and look at the greater good you can contribute to.The off-road community has given me a way of life, friends,business and thank God a way for my family to enjoy things together. I will no longer stand by and watch our community tear itself appart! So I hope this motivates others to do their part as well. Even if it means telling your best friend to stay on a trail or pick up after someone else who left their trash behind. Together under God we can accomplish anything. Please remember that. We live in a country that inspires exactly that. So give back a little by having a positive approach.

Again, thank you for all the letters of support. I will try to return everyones mail out of respect for the time you took to write it! I am so impressed with the way people have reacted to this! Thanks!

Jeremy Parriott
BFE Films

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Land Use Issues All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: