Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Final Decision, Marlin needs your help

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> The Vault
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Wrangler trim should Marlin get?
Unlimited
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Rubicon
75%
 75%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 8

qadhafi
Club Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Final Decision, Marlin needs your help Reply with quote

thephantum wrote:
Marlin wrote:
I am quite literally about a weekend away from actually buying this fabled Jeep, it has all been leading up to this.

So which one didja get Pete? Where's the pics? We want pics!

Yeah, so what jeep did you buy?

Back from the Dead??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marlin

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rubicon.

Blue, Dual Top Group, A/C, pretty standard stuff

The dealership is getting it, but they've been a bit long winded themselves on that part... A secondary claim by the manager had him saying he'd go get it in another city and drive back, alas, he did not.

Has not called us back in days either.

Whenever it comes in I'll put up a few pictures.
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm...

So when you purchased it, did they say they had one and were going to pick it up? Usually, if a dealer finds one at another dealership, they tell you where it is and how long it will take to get it.

I'm just surprised that you did not get a date from them.

Oh yeh, and if I had dropped that much cash and they were not calling me...I would be at that dealership everyday telling poterntial customers about how I am being treated...but that's me.

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Marlin

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we put down the numbers Friday.

Got them down below invoice, with the help of the JeepWarehouse price I was armed with.

We talked to the manager who said there was what I wanted in Dallas and that he might go get it, but he said he'd call...

He said they'd call Saturday, didn't, didn't call Sunday, Monday, now I wait and wonder if business is worth doing. We've called them but the guy has been out(sales manager).

If they don't have the damn Jeep sitting in their lot by the time we come out there to strangle them....

The only thing is, I can't really rush over there much this week to complain, because I have final exams tomorrow, Wednesday, Thursday. So I'm in a tight situation with what should have been a smooth transaction...

Last edited by Marlin on Mon May 24, 2004 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Marlin

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EEP Grl wrote:
Are you sure you are even remotely... happy? Cause u sound completly unamused. If i just got my parents to go half with me on a brand new Rubicon i'd be exstatic. And i would be calling that dealer every day - untill they could give me and answer on WHY my jeep wasnt there.

For that reason I'm not forcing my parents into it. We haven't rushed a bit and I'm fine with that, probably better that we drew it out so long because the dealership seemed eager to deal.

I am very happy, but it is just after midnight, I am studying for final exams, and I am a bit tired after consuming a bag of sunflower seeds.

I'm also not one to show too much emotion on a bulletin board but...

WOOOO HOOOOOO!
kygreenyj

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marlin wrote:
EEP Grl wrote:
Are you sure you are even remotely... happy? Cause u sound completly unamused. If i just got my parents to go half with me on a brand new Rubicon i'd be exstatic. And i would be calling that dealer every day - untill they could give me and answer on WHY my jeep wasnt there.

For that reason I'm not forcing my parents into it. We haven't rushed a bit and I'm fine with that, probably better that we drew it out so long because the dealership seemed eager to deal.

I am very happy, but it is just after midnight, I am studying for final exams, and I am a bit tired after consuming a bag of sunflower seeds.

I'm also not one to show too much emotion on a bulletin board but...

WOOOO HOOOOOO!

hah final exams in high school

06 Ford Escape Hybrid

03 KLR 650
DozerDan
What the deuce?
What the deuce?

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kygreenyj wrote:

My thoughts exactly. WTF are finals in hs, oh wait you mean another cake walk of a test that if you paid attention in class all year was yet another joke...
Marlin

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DozerDan wrote:
kygreenyj wrote:

My thoughts exactly. WTF are finals in hs, oh wait you mean another cake walk of a test that if you paid attention in class all year was yet another joke...

Dunno.... not here.... I don't need to study for my on-level classes, but for my 3 honors class exams, I ought to, they are pretty difficult. Lots and lots of material that is damn near impossible to wholly remember.
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 10th grade Spanish final consisted of me writing out "F*** YOU" out on the front page, signing it, droping it on the teachers desk and walking out of the room.

Me and her just never realy got along. She actually graded it too, of course it was a "F" and her comment was "This wasnt in Spanish!". At least she had a sence of humor over it.

Real Jeeps dont wear Bra's
DozerDan
What the deuce?
What the deuce?

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marlin wrote:

Dunno.... not here.... I don't need to study for my on-level classes, but for my 3 honors class exams, I ought to, they are pretty difficult. Lots and lots of material that is damn near impossible to wholly remember.

Well then you must not be very smart, because i took almost all honors classes and 2 AP's and still never cracked a book, and graduated with a 4.132 gpa Finger
Marlin

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DozerDan wrote:
Marlin wrote:

Well then you must not be very smart, because i took almost all honors classes and 2 AP's and still never cracked a book, and graduated with a 4.132 gpa Finger

Yeah and I'm struggling to keep a 4.7 on a 5 scale in a school where the average is around 4.2.

It's pretty hard here.
Candi
Sick Puppy
Sick Puppy

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey dan, we all know how much high school counts for in college... Finger If you guys can still spout off your hs gpa's at 25, I'll buy you a hooker, because no normal girl would want your lame ass! tool

Todd, I'm with you on the foreign language finals. My french III teacher promised me a C if I promised not to sign up for french IV.

Now, back on topic, what is this spoiled rich kid buying again? (oh, and yes, that IS a bit of jealousy speaking...) rofl
DozerDan
What the deuce?
What the deuce?

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Candi wrote:
Hey dan, we all know how much high school counts for in college... Finger If you guys can still spout off your hs gpa's at 25, I'll buy you a hooker, because no normal girl would want your lame ass! tool

Todd, I'm with you on the foreign language finals. My french III teacher promised me a C if I promised not to sign up for french IV.

Now, back on topic, what is this spoiled rich kid buying again? (oh, and yes, that IS a bit of jealousy speaking...) rofl

Sweet free hooker Finger
kygreenyj

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DozerDan wrote:
Marlin wrote:

Yeah my HS didn't offer anything below honors

06 Ford Escape Hybrid

03 KLR 650
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thing is offtopic again, huh? This ones run it's course I guess...I'm locking it. PM me if there's any issues with that.

Pete, when you get the Rubicon, post up some pics in the Photo Album.

Rock On!

Steve

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> The Vault All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: