Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Road Trip!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Road Trip! Reply with quote

Not realy an event, just an day long road trip up to Mt. Washington. There is an auto road that goes to the top. Its a great trip.....cant concider it wheeling tho. From the base its an 8 mile ride to get to the summit of 6288 feet. I know that 6300 feet is where some of the mountains out west start but its what we got, so there neaner

You cant scream up it either. The road is steep and very narrow and it does not have any guard rails and in alot of places its straight off for hundereds of feet.

This is at the top where its always windy. It was real cold up there too. This pic is my new desktop screen.

Another shot from the top of my Jeep overlooking the top of the famous Tuckermans Ravine.

This was the building that was used when they recorded the worlds highest recorded wind speed......231 mph! Notice the chain by the sign. Its so windy up there that they chain everything down, including the buildings!

The observation building.

Another way up and down is via the Cog Railway.

This place is the worlds largest rock garden.....but no wheeling allowed Crying or Very sad

I didnt take this pic. Its from the Mt Washington Auto Road site. This was the Auto Road just 1 month ago.

Smile

Real Jeeps dont wear Bra's
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a great drive! Someday I'll make the trek up Sierra Blanca. It's just north of the homestead and the summit is 14,345' although you can only make it as far as the 12,000' level! Finger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Events & Places All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: