Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OBA Compressor Clutch Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RIPPN TJ

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: OBA Compressor Clutch Question Reply with quote

Ok I keep seeing that supposedly a serpentine A/C Clutch from an 83 Mustang will work for a TJ (Preferably my 2004 with 4.0 TJ) when used with a York compressor and Kilby's bracket kit. I never have heard 100% for sure that they will infact be a perfect fit as far as lining up with the rest of my pulleys when used with Kilby's bracket though. So I kind of hate to spend $110 plus shipping for Kilby's clutch when I can go to Autozone and get a remanufactured clutch for an 83 Mustang for $79 or a new one for $89 and I won't have to pay shipping, just tax. So is there anyone out there who has gone this route or are there any other Serpentine clutches out there that will be a perfect fit, I just like the idea of saving a little moolaa since I was lucky enough to find a brand new F210R for $40 yesterday. Thanks in advance.
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This site reports the same rumor ('83 Ford Mustang 5.0) and this site says he'd heard an '81-'84 Mustang would work but never saw one. He does describe machinging the pulley to get it to work. Probably not much help, unless you haven't seen those write-ups yet.
-DouG-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an 84 mustang GT until about 3 months ago... this car along with the other 84 gt the drivetrain came out of -both had the nippon/sanden style log compressor... NOT a york -the clutches were different.... I ended up getting one from kilby -I've never seen a York in a mustang... and yes -i looked but eventually gave in to the idea of buying a new one.... funny how the compressor cost me 15 bucks from the yard.... the bracket was 10 times the price! plus clutch, tank, fittings, guages, motrin, pressure switch, filter, manifold, more fittings, hose, a couple more fittings... etc etc
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Tech All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: