Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

 Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CHEROKEE FORUM DEAD??

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Y2K-XJ
Member


Joined: 19 Feb 2004
Location: Chandler AZ

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: CHEROKEE FORUM DEAD?? Reply with quote

WOW This is the smallest XJ forum ive ever seen! Theres gotta be more XJers here? Mr. Green
_________________
Rob B
Y2K-XJ
Daily Driven 4.5" W/some cool stuff and Things.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ehirner
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 01 Jan 2004
Location: Eastern PA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're a fairly small forum and there aren't a lot of XJ guys...even worse is the ZJ/WJ, FSJ, and CJ forums. How about recruiting some members and getting the XJ board moving?
_________________
04 Unlimited
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
CoreyXJ
Turkish
Turkish


Joined: 20 Jan 2004
Location: Louisville, KY

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I figure that the XJ forum is an "elite" forum because of our superior intelect and generous wealth of sensational knowledge.....after all who would want an off road vehicle with a removable top? I mean REALLY?
All that was complete crap of course but it sounded cool at the time....
You know - you never really notice how many other XJ's there are out there until you are driving one. The only problem is that most of the XJ's are completely stock and unmoded' which totally sucks.... They are taking the rugrats to school and getting the whole fam' damily groceries galore. SO- that just makes the few and far between XJ's that are modersupified' even that much more special. I feel special. (blush)
In my area I have seen very few XJ's moded and I really wish there were more. That would be Jeeperiffic! CoreyXJ
_________________
"Get busy living, or get busy dying..." - C.W.

"Do what you love to do...the money will eventually follow" - I. Larry
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
EEP Grl
Hot Momma


Joined: 25 Jan 2004
Location: Key West, FL

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

::agrees:: Thinks Corey is awesome. YEp... well so far mine is complete stock AND 2wd so there. Rolling Eyes But thanks to the Phantum we are working out a conversion to 4wd... that way i can keep the xj and mod it. It will be good. Wranglers are pretty cool.. but i like my XJ alot. I think there are just less of us because when most people think "off road jeep" they think wrangler types... i dont know how many comments i got about it when i got my xj. "Why didnt u get a REAL jeep" Those people suck.
_________________
Sweet Chocolate B. Shizzle & her 2000 XJ Sport named Pimptastic Eep Loco
*With a Brand New gas tank!*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin


Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Location: I knew it...I'm surrounded by Assholes!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'tis true...there are less of us long wheelbasers around.

ehirner wrote:
How about recruiting some members and getting the XJ board moving?


We (me an majikxms) are working on pulling some more XJ'ers in...we have a few guys in mind. Wink

I see lifted XJ's here in VA everynow and then. When I get the chance (especially on trails) I talk to the owners and "casually mention" JH as well as FM2CD.

I also have a few ideas that I want to put into place here in the Cherokee Forum...one of which is a "Cherokee Tech/Resource thread". I would start it with list of links to various tech writeups and info that I have accumulated from all over the web. Then have a submission process/proceedure for new ones that folks find as well. I'm still working on organizing what I have, plus I've been kinda busy latley, but you'll start seeing some new stuff appearing in here shortly. thumbs

Rock On!

Steve
_________________

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience


Last edited by ThePhantum on Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator


Joined: 01 Jan 2004
Location: New Orleans LA.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EEp ... If you really want to convert to 4WD.. Its not that hard.. I am about to do it to one of the guys in my clubs XJ.. You will need to go to the bone yard and get .. Tranny ,T-Case and Front axle.. (also both drive shafts..)
It is all basicly bolt in .. (Besides cutting the t-case shifter hole.. )
If you get the center console and shifters from the donor XJ it will be perfert..

I have looked and the hardest part will be unbolting the Tranny and putting the new one in...

I will of course do a writeup when I do it.. I am ready just waiting on him to get his money situation ready.. I work cheap but not free... Mr. Green
_________________
BONE STOCK
Unless you include the sawzall work..

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$


Joined: 05 Jan 2004
Location: Out of jail now

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well not everyone can wheel their station wagon Finger
_________________

My Morning Jacket
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
CoreyXJ
Turkish
Turkish


Joined: 20 Jan 2004
Location: Louisville, KY

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is ab-so-loootly nothing wrong with having a little cargo room in the back. I'm sure I can fit way more camping equipment, trail gear, tools, midgets, illegal immigrants, building supplies, raw materials, old phone books, and any other crap you can think of in the back of my XJ - ON TOP of the fact that my backseat folds down flat (he he ...... Very Happy ) than anybody could fit in thier TJ or YJ. I once saw a shark with a lazer beam attached to its head..... I almost shat myself Crying or Very sad
_________________
"Get busy living, or get busy dying..." - C.W.

"Do what you love to do...the money will eventually follow" - I. Larry
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker


Joined: 01 Jan 2004
Location: Uzbekistan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoreyXJ wrote:
I once saw a shark with a lazer beam attached to its head..... I almost shat myself Crying or Very sad

Huh?









Slowly step away from the pipe. rofl
_________________
Nothing to see here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin


Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Location: I knew it...I'm surrounded by Assholes!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swamp boy wrote:
EEp ... If you really want to convert to 4WD.. Its not that hard.. I am about to do it to one of the guys in my clubs XJ.. You will need to go to the bone yard and get .. Tranny ,T-Case and Front axle.. (also both drive shafts..)
It is all basicly bolt in .. (Besides cutting the t-case shifter hole.. )
If you get the center console and shifters from the donor XJ it will be perfert..

I have looked and the hardest part will be unbolting the Tranny and putting the new one in...

I will of course do a writeup when I do it.. I am ready just waiting on him to get his money situation ready.. I work cheap but not free... Mr. Green


Carl, acording to my research (for EEP's swap) you can also change out the tailhousing on the tranny as well (as opposed to dropping the entire tranny). What I still need to figure out is what is easier since I have seen conflicting opinions on it.

One more note, you want to make sure that the donor vehicle the front axle comes from is between a 92 and 99. 91 and earlier had a vacuum disconnect system that sucks and 00-01's have a low pinion diff.

Steve
_________________

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Y2K-XJ
Member


Joined: 19 Feb 2004
Location: Chandler AZ

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have quite a few Links and tech writeups, im sure some will be the same. We should pool all the links and writeups together somewhere?????? and pick and choose ...

I love my LWB Jeep and wouldn't trade it for anything else!

Im sure im gonna Flammed for this one But oh well..

Cherokees are for Men,
Wranglers are for Cheerleaders! rofl

Very True eh? They make great graduation Gifts kick

Wranglers are like Tampons!
Every Pu_ _y has one!! upyours
HAHAHAHAHA HEHEHEHEHEHE

Good clean fun HUH?
_________________
Rob B
Y2K-XJ
Daily Driven 4.5" W/some cool stuff and Things.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ehirner
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 01 Jan 2004
Location: Eastern PA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thephantum wrote:
swamp boy wrote:
EEp ... If you really want to convert to 4WD.. Its not that hard.. I am about to do it to one of the guys in my clubs XJ.. You will need to go to the bone yard and get .. Tranny ,T-Case and Front axle.. (also both drive shafts..)
It is all basicly bolt in .. (Besides cutting the t-case shifter hole.. )
If you get the center console and shifters from the donor XJ it will be perfert..

I have looked and the hardest part will be unbolting the Tranny and putting the new one in...

I will of course do a writeup when I do it.. I am ready just waiting on him to get his money situation ready.. I work cheap but not free... Mr. Green


Carl, acording to my research (for EEP's swap) you can also change out the tailhousing on the tranny as well (as opposed to dropping the entire tranny). What I still need to figure out is what is easier since I have seen conflicting opinions on it.

One more note, you want to make sure that the donor vehicle the front axle comes from is between a 92 and 99. 91 and earlier had a vacuum disconnect system that sucks and 00-01's have a low pinion diff.

Steve

Might as well go with one from 95+ or 89-95 with ABS in order to get the larger u-joints.
_________________
04 Unlimited
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin


Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Location: I knew it...I'm surrounded by Assholes!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ehirner wrote:

Might as well go with one from 95+ or 89-95 with ABS in order to get the larger u-joints.


Good point E, hadn't thought about the u-joints...so it would be front axle from a 92-95 with ABS (since pre-92 has the stupid vac disconnect) or from any 95+.

Good stuff! Mr. Green
_________________

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin


Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Location: I knew it...I'm surrounded by Assholes!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thephantum wrote:
ehirner wrote:

Might as well go with one from 95+ or 89-95 with ABS in order to get the larger u-joints.


Good point E, hadn't thought about the u-joints...so it would be front axle from a 92-95 with ABS (since pre-92 has the stupid vac disconnect) or from any 95+.

Good stuff! Mr. Green


Actually, one more thing to note on this. All XJ's with ABS have a turdy five in the rear. If the Jeep being converted has a 35 it's not a big deal. However, the driveshafts are not interchangeable between the D35 and the Cryco 8.25, since the D35 has a longer pinion.

Of course, if yer liftin and doin an SYE at the same time then the point is moot anyway. Mr. Green
_________________

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EEP Grl
Hot Momma


Joined: 25 Jan 2004
Location: Key West, FL

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh.... so since its rainy season here in miami... not having ABS is really fun. I get to skid all over the place when i stop fast. Its always an adventure in the jeep. Shocked Rolling Eyes But... i dont really want to switch out my back axle (Cryco 8.25) if i dont have to cause i like it. Mr. Green
So i am assuming due to the transmission and u-joints that we would be better off getting all the parts sep. than finding just one donor vehicle? Wink
_________________
Sweet Chocolate B. Shizzle & her 2000 XJ Sport named Pimptastic Eep Loco
*With a Brand New gas tank!*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Visit links4jeeps.com for write-ups, forums and clubs




Jeep®, Wrangler, Cherokee, Liberty and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked to Chrysler LLC.
jeephorizons.com is not in any way associated with or endorsed by the Chrysler LLC.
All other content is copyright Jeep Horizons 2004-2008.
Tech write-ups Links Discussion board Land use News Site Map Terms of Use

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group