Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CHEROKEE FORUM DEAD??

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ehirner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EEP Grl wrote:
Yeh.... so since its rainy season here in miami... not having ABS is really fun. I get to skid all over the place when i stop fast. Its always an adventure in the jeep. Shocked Rolling Eyes But... i dont really want to switch out my back axle (Cryco 8.25) if i dont have to cause i like it. Mr. Green
So i am assuming due to the transmission and u-joints that we would be better off getting all the parts sep. than finding just one donor vehicle? Wink

I would just find one donor vehicle, that'll be a lot easier than trying to piece everything together from different vehicles. All the u-joints in the driveshafts should be the same...what I was talking about was the u-joints in the axle shafts.

Once you get everything done, just have new driveshafts made. If you're looking to lift and install an SYE, that would be the time to do it.
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are differences in the driveshaft u-joints as well across the production years. The trick with EEP's is gonna be just be finding the right donor vehicle. Having driveshafts made is an option and we've talked about lifting at the same time as well.

When the time comes, it really boils down to:
A) What kind of donor vehcile we can find
B) How much money she has to spend for the upgrades...like Carl I work cheap, not free. Mr. Green

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: