Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Skyjacker 3" Lift Kit Install

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drake69

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject: Skyjacker 3" Lift Kit Install Reply with quote

Thanks to the phantum and Dale, I'm more than halfway home on the install of the Skyjacker. We have pix to show everyone, and I'll be doing a write-up on everything. Phantum will hopefully assist in getting all the technical stuff worded properly, but at this time the results are staggering!!! We've got the front done (just need to fasten the coil springs down), and have started on the rear shackle bolts and shocks. I've already had three bolts break on the rear shocks, so those will have to be drilled out. This is going to be totally unadulterated awesome-ness!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Drake69

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a special thanks to Jen, who's "loaning" me Phantum to make all this happen!!!! rofl bowdown coffee

qadhafi
Club Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drake69 wrote:
And a special thanks to Jen, who's "loaning" me Phantum to make all this happen!!!! rofl bowdown coffee

Damn, I thought pimps charged a fee, you didn't have to pay anything at all for him??? Finger

Back from the Dead??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qadhafi wrote:
Drake69 wrote:

Damn, I thought pimps charged a fee, you didn't have to pay anything at all for him??? Finger

He's been feeding mine and Dales fat asses....believe me that's an expensive proposition. rofl rofl rofl

The lift is in. It looks bad ass and rides very well. Allen is gonna get it aligned and then goto work, so I'm not sure how soon the writeup will come...should be within a day or two though.

Steve

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great but where are the photos? Mr. Green
majikxms

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allen, we gave you two hours, where the heck are the pics. Mr. Green

I followed him to Merchant's to drop it off...should be done by now. I priced the BFG A/T 30x9.5's while I was there, they said $120.95 plus $11.00 to balance and install. They had 4 in stock only. I guess I could get 4 now and when it's time to rotate get the other one. Yes Steve, I am a Du'mass because I didn't realize I had a full spare with a matching wheel. Whatever.

Qad, I got paid like a good pimp should, my bizzle hooked a brother up with a whole slew of suspension crap...LCA's, springs, shocks (all good for trail spares) and a 2" b/b for a nominal fee. I gained a couple two, tree pounds from the pizza and sub too. Thanks for that Allen.

Last edited by majikxms on Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
qadhafi
Club Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'd have known there was pizza I would have driven the 9 hours to get there. Shocked

Back from the Dead??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
majikxms

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And subs, don't forget the subs!!!
Drake69

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man!!! I treat'z my peeples' ritez!!!!! Mr. Green

I've got all the pix pulled down to the PC, and onto a CD for phantum to post up. They came out damm good!!!! If I get time tonight I'll start the tech write-up. There's gonna be a lot to talk about, from the LCA's and trac bar relocation bracket, to the BPE's, rear shackles, and the AAL's.

BTW, I've already gotten some cool looks and a thumbs-up from two different offroaders, one in a TJ and one in a 4Runner. That extra 2 inches must've made a difference!!!!

crazy jeep thanks thumbs

majikxms

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drake69 wrote:
BTW, I've already gotten some cool looks and a thumbs-up from two different offroaders, one in a TJ and one in a 4Runner. That extra 2 inches must've made a difference!!!!

Steve and I were critiquing on the flex hill like two wine tasters, "Steve, that's fabulous." "Yes, marvelous Dale, surely marvelous!" Not making too much of a fuss, even though both of us were frickin' drooling. Allen was still in the drivers seat and I said, "Dude, get out here and see your rig." Allen jumped out and just freaked out, in a good way.

Last edited by majikxms on Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:40 pm; edited 4 times in total
Drake69

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve-o: Yes, this looks particularly interesting.....

Dale: Not too shabby for a few days work, don't you think?

Steve-o: Not-at-all... has a certain charm to it....

Dale: Hey Allen, care to hop off and take a look at it?

Allen: Sure, why not (worried look on his face as to what he might find)

Allen: (moves around the side of the Jeep...)

HOLY MUTHER-[expletive] [blasphemous]-DAMN, HOLY-[expletive] [blasphemous] H. [more blasphemous], I CAN'T [expletive] BELIEVE HOW COOL THIS IS!!!!!! [blasphemous]-DAMN HOLY-[expletive] MUTHER-[expletive] [more expletive]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that's a rough approximation of the gist of the conversation.... headbang Finger laugh

ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drake69 wrote:
Steve-o: Yes, this looks particularly interesting.....

Dale: Not too shabby for a few days work, don't you think?

Steve-o: Not-at-all... has a certain charm to it....

Dale: Hey Allen, care to hop off and take a look at it?

Allen: Sure, why not (worried look on his face as to what he might find)

Allen: (moves around the side of the Jeep...)

HOLY MUTHER-[expletive] [blasphemous]-DAMN, HOLY-[expletive] [blasphemous] H. [more blasphemous], I CAN'T [expletive] BELIEVE HOW COOL THIS IS!!!!!! [blasphemous]-DAMN HOLY-[expletive] MUTHER-[expletive] [more expletive]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that's a rough approximation of the gist of the conversation.... headbang Finger laugh

Yup, that's pretty much how it went...it was really funny! rofl

Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thephantum wrote:
qadhafi wrote:
Drake69 wrote:

He's been feeding mine and Dales fat asses....believe me that's an expensive proposition. rofl rofl rofl

The lift is in. It looks bad ass and rides very well. Allen is gonna get it aligned and then goto work, so I'm not sure how soon the writeup will come...should be within a day or two though.

Steve

No problem, any time. Besides if I didn't let him go, he would have just mopped around the house all weekend long Crying or Very sad crybaby

But hey, Steve has not given me my share of the pimp fees!!

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
Drake69

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jen2Goofy wrote:
No problem, any time. Besides if I didn't let him go, he would have just mopped around the house all weekend long Crying or Very sad crybaby

owned whip kick

laugh too funny

ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jen2Goofy wrote:

Actually, I woulda worked on ma D44 instead. Finger

Jen2Goofy wrote:

...and what was goin' ta Steak and Ale Saturday night? I consider that paying it forward. rofl

Quote:
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: