Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Unofficial" FM2CD VA Trail ride - Rapidan, VA

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T.O.W. Vehicle wrote:
I'm coming in Tuesday. Looks like I won't make that earlier trip.

I have a friend here in the Low Country Jeep Club that has ridden the Shoe Creek trail before and he reccommened it. I have looked at the way points from your last posted trip too. Seems he has me going in the reverse direction than you did. Looks like a nice ride though.

Have also been looking at doing the Washington NF ride also. Appears you guys have some fun areas there.

I was interested too in the Afton Mt trails yall mentioned in one of your post. Did this take place on the Richmond side of the mountain?.

We tried to hit one on the East side of Afton (Crawford Knob) and there was a gate up. At some point, we are gonna scout the west side (Big Levels) for a future trail ride.

We'll be heading to the campground on Wednesday...maybe we could hook up Wed evening for a meet and greet...go get some chow someplace?

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
T.O.W. Vehicle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Oops... I'm coming in Wednesday too! It's going to be a long day of driving from SC to Va but I'll try it. I'm looking at about 9-11 hours on the road right now, I think.

Maybe we can hook up back channel for some contact info and figure this out.

Always enjoy meeting folks form my home state.
Warn X8000i winch, Warn Rock Bumpers
RE 4.5"Super Flex Lift
AA HD SYE
JKS Quicker Disconnects
Shrockguards
Tellico & Windrock Tested & Customized!!!!
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I'm up for the July 10th run. Not going to camp Jeep but I live in Staunton. What time are you meeting??
Drake69

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jen2Goofy wrote:
T.O.W. Vehicle wrote:
Exactly what I was looking to do when I come up for the Camp Jeep next month.

You folks seem to have it pretty together!

Would like to hook up with some of yall if I can, I too am a born Virginian from Richmond orginally. Worked on Afton Mt for a summer at the ole Smith farm, was named The Early Virginia Vehicular Musem at the time, 1969-70. Right next to Rockfish Gap.

Hope to see yall.

ya, cool!! Ya, Steve (aka thePhantum) and I will be at Camp Jeep in his rig, the XJ. I think it will just be just the two of us from the FM2CD who are going. If I'm wrong jump in guys.

I know we have signed up for the two trail rides they let us. Steve did the picking, so I'm not sure what times we are signed up for.

Have you found a place to stay yet? Me and Steve are doing the camping thing at a place over near Stautan, Wallnut Hills Campground. About a half hour 45 min away from camp jeep. We stayed there last time and it worked out very well. It was kinda nice, not too many people and few jeepers were there too.

Jen

My girlfriend and I are staying at the Lynchburg HoJo. We're already getting needed gear and stuff ready. I'm also filling out some of the required gear for normal trailing so we'll be suitably equipped.

Drake69

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vic's89XJ wrote:
Man, I'm up for the July 10th run. Not going to camp Jeep but I live in Staunton. What time are you meeting??

7:30 AM. Here is the Rapidan link with map...

http://jeephorizons.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1850

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Events & Places All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: