Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

XJ Battery

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EEP Grl
Hot Momma

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: XJ Battery Reply with quote

Just a heads up - incase anyone happens to get stranded and is forced to purchase a battery for their 2000 XJ at Walmart, the list they have as to what batt fits 2003-1998 cherokees is wrong. They have it listed as a bigger battery for those models, i think 650ca/550cca (model 34-3s) and for the 1997's only they have it listed as a 540ca/450cca battery. Only the 1997 model fit in my jeep and i am assuming, unless my jeep is just weird, that it would be the same for the 2003-1998 models. The other battery was too tall. Plus, i eventually found out that the one i took out was a mopar batt with 540/450. Which i couldnt tell at the time cause my batt sorta exploded and melted the numbers off. Rolling Eyes I bet everyone already knows this but... thought id post anyhow just incase. Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ehirner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always use the biggest battery I can possibly find, afford, and make fit. You never know when the CCA will come in handy. (Especially with the winters here.)
EEP Grl
Hot Momma

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh thats right... there is such a thing as snow... in other parts of the country. Well ... we TRIED to make it fit, but i wasnt in the mood for ghetto rigging the jeep. AND its never cold here! neener neener. :") Summer all year round with the exception of dec and jan. - on those months it might drop to 50-60. lol Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EEP Grl wrote:
Oh thats right... there is such a thing as snow... in other parts of the country. Well ... we TRIED to make it fit, but i wasnt in the mood for ghetto rigging the jeep. AND its never cold here! neener neener. :") Summer all year round with the exception of dec and jan. - on those months it might drop to 50-60. lol Mr. Green

So what happens if ya get stationed in Northern New England for a couple of years? You'll be diggin that big battery then!

Real Jeeps dont wear Bra's
EEP Grl
Hot Momma

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHA.... yeh then i may need it.. lol BUT... not right now. Mr. Green I like things that fit correctly the first time you try and put them in. I'll have to find a stronger one thats not as tall if i go up north. Then again.... i'll probably have a new Jeep by then. And WhatwasIThinking can tell me all about ghetto rigging Rubicons. Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: