Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

July Member of the Moment

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Announcements, News & Commentary
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MOM

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: July Member of the Moment Reply with quote

Greetings and Salutations!

Once again The MOM (Member Of the Moment) Committee has decided to recognize a member based on their contributions to the forum as a whole.

So without further ado: our choice for the fourth MOM award is thephantum (Steve).

Congratualtions Steve!

Regards,
The MOM Committee

Personal Info
Net name: ThePhantum
Funniest wheeling incident: Jeez, there's so many, but I'll go with this one...Wheelin at Shoe Creek and someone, we'll call him Tom (his wife will never let him bring the Jeep again if she finds out he might have broken it), managed to get hung up on what he called "a log". It was actually a large branch that had managed to wedge itself between the driveshaft, axle and the body. We got it pulled out no problem and no damage. Anyway, for the rest of the day whenever I saw so much as a stick on the trail, I would call out on the radio "Watch out for that log Tom" or "LOG!!!"...you really had to be there.
Are you secretly addicted to anything else besides wheelin?: 24...that show is like crack and Jack Bauer is the most hardcore, badass character on broadcast TV.
Best advice for someone thinking about getting into wheeling?: Join a club and/or get with people that have lots of offroad experiance. Most of all wheel where it's legal!
What does your significant other think?: That I should work on her Jeep more.
Personal Quote: Lots of people seem to have quotes from me listed in sigs and elsewhere...so I'll just say "Rock On!"
Something random: Snoochie Boochies?!?
Favorite Food: mmmmm....medium rare steak... drool

Rig Info
Year/Model: 1997 2 door Cherokee Sport
Engine: 4.0L HO
Transmission: AW4
Transfer Case: NP231
Rear Axle: D44
Front Axle: D30
Gearing: Stock 3.55's
Lockers: None (yet)
Lift (BL/SL): An almighty and totally bad ass 2"
Details of lift (parts etc.): 2" coil spacers, RRO 1.75" Shackles, 0.5" block, extended bumpstops front and rear
Rims: 15" x 8" AR Outlaw II's
Tires: 30" x 9.5' BFG MT's
Shocks: Rancho 5000's (An XJ is about the lightest vehicle I would run them under...but if you like a soft ride, stay away from them)
Steering: Bone stock
Other stuff (Bumpers, Armor, etc): Skid Row LCA, Engine/tranny, T-case and Gas tank skids. Warn diff guards, front and rear reciever hitches, homemade discos, rear swaybay removed, all kinds of fender and flare whacking
Accesories (CB, GPS, etc): Cobra CB with Firestick II, Garmin GPS V with remote antenna
Best helper building up the Jeep: Dale (MAJIKXMS)
Best Mod: D44 with rear wheel disc
Worst Mod: None to date
Future Mods: Short Term - Rear axle truss, Flowmaster 40, Beefing up the steering, plus lots of really small stuff. Long Term - 6"-8" of total lift, front and rear lockers, 4.56 or 5.10 gears
Worst legal violation: Only thing would be tires beyond the flares, but that ain't illegal here in VA.
Worst stuck: Not exactly a stuck, but pretty close. Going up this really narrow and fairly steep ATV trail at Rapidan and it starts to get so narrow that I can't get the XJ through it. So I find a spot and go to turn around. The problem is that at the time my rear axle was slightly bent on the drivers side so the Jeep already had a lean that way. So as I was turning around the Jeep felt like it wanted to roll. Plus it had been raining all morning so the terrain was extremely muddy and slippery (which is why I did not want to back down), so every time I made a move the Jeep wanted to slide into either a tree or a rock. Not to mention the fact that if I did roll it, recovery was going to be very difficult if not impossible based on the terrain and the location I was in. Needless to say it took me nearly 10 minutes to make a 5 point, white knuckled u-turn and get the hell out of there damage free (I don't consider brush marks damage).
Clubs: Follow Me To Certain Death Jeep Club - VA Chapter
Assocations: United Four Wheel Drive Association, North American XJ Association
Affiliations: Tread Lightly, Blue Ribbon Coalition

A recent sighting of me at Rapidan:

A little climbin':

After some mud ruts at Shoe Creek:

Seconds after completing the "Turnaround Incident":

The clean Heep (very rarely seen):
[/quote]
EEP Grl
Hot Momma

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Green YAY! Congrads! DEFFINATLY well deserved for one of the main people resposible for teaching me MOSt things I know about my XJ bud
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
qadhafi
Club Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Steve-O.

I'm pretty sure you deserved it. eyebrows

Back from the Dead??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats dude. Mr. Green
Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats baby!!

I absolutely agree with "What does your significant other think?"....ya you need to work on my jeep more...hehe Wink

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
majikxms

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go Steve. I'm damn proud to know ya!!! So, who's this Tom guy anyway?
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

majikxms wrote:
So, who's this Tom guy anyway?

I can feild that one........its KTJ's ghey friend Mr. Green

Congrats Steve

Real Jeeps dont wear Bra's
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats.. well deserved.. You have been a benifit to the forum..

Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone. Very Happy

As to the identity of "Tom"...well when he is ready to come forward he will. Dale and Jen are of the few who know his true identity. Mr. Green

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you also qualify for coveted WoW honors as well.......that being wagon of {the} week flipoff agree . Congrats man, sweet XJ Mr. Green .
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'drack wrote:
I believe you also qualify for coveted WoW honors as well.......that being wagon of {the} week flipoff agree . Congrats man, sweet XJ Mr. Green .

See, and I always though WoW was "Whip 'em Out Wednesdays". Finger (you would have to have been a fan of the now defunct Opie and Anthony radio show to get that one).

I guess I learn sumpthin new everyday. rofl

Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
qadhafi
Club Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thephantum wrote:
'drack wrote:

See, and I always though WoW was "Whip 'em Out Wednesdays". Finger (you would have to have been a fan of the now defunct Opie and Anthony radio show to get that one).

I guess I learn sumpthin new everyday. rofl

Opie and Anthony were funny. I got some of their stuff on MP3 that I got when I was putting together songs from Steven Lynch.

Back from the Dead??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

too funny too funny too funny

Steven Lynch! That dude is a riot!

FBA!!!

Quote:
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey this is pretty cool, congrats Steve thumbs
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Announcements, News & Commentary All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: