Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FM2CD VA at Rapidan

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: FM2CD VA at Rapidan Reply with quote

Had a lot of fun today...despite a number of disappointments, at least for Dale and I....but first the fun!!! Mr. Green

These pics are from Dales digicam. There will be more pics as I gather them from everyone. First here's all of us airing down at the turnaround that leads into the forest/logging road at around 9:45am.

After getting ready we headed up the logging road and turned off into the trail head. We gave the word to drop into 4lo and the word came back over the radio that Vic's t-case lever broke when he tried to get it in...

Here's the offender (that's Vic).

Basically the retainer "let go" and the entire lever came out in his hand. rofl Sooooo...we had to tear out his center console to get it back in. It took us about 15 or 20 minutes. Here's me and Vic workin' on it.

...and the finished product...it ain't pretty but it functioned.

So then it was onto some trail riding! Here's Dale and James going though some tight, narrow turns.

Then me going up and over a couple of rocks in the trail.

Fun stuff...but here's one of the dissapointments...the pic says it all.

It HELLA SUCKED! It seems the legal trail got washed out recently (within the last year). We were on a narrow stretch of uphill trail and the no tresspass signs we're at the point where a side trail turned off and dropped down steeply AND we had 6 Jeeps that we now had to get turned around...with no room to do it. pissed

We turned the three lead vehicles around up top. I backed into the side trail as far as I could go (with out sliding down) and let Dale and James get past me. Then I turned out and they turned around the same way. Then we backed the other 3 (Allen, Jen and Vic) down about a 1/8 mile or so to a spot where there was more room.

So we basically came out the way we went in and since it was just after 1pm, we decided to go up to Buzzard Rocks and have a little lunch.

Dale

James and Megan

Jen and MJ

Allen

So you might ask, "Steve, why are you and Dale standing on those big rocks, we thought you were eatin' lunch?!?"

This would be why...them buzzards sure have a nice view... Shocked

I had to include this pic. That's Vic's kids, Christopher and Sarah. I have decided to give up trail boss duties and turn them over to Christopher...that's how cool a kid he is!

So, we made our way down from Buzzard Rocks and decided to try to head further up the logging road in an attempt tp find our way to the other side of the trail. But the road we thought lead there dead ended (the next disappointment). So we decided to call it a day. Dale and I had planned to hit a Geocache north of the trail system as he had located one of the little yellow Jeeps...he was gonna stash it in a cache in the middle of nowhere. Since we couldn't get through the way we had planned we decided to go around and up Rt664. James and Megan headed out to Megan Grandparents house and Allen and Sandy split the scene as well (I think they went to Outback). Everyone else headed back to Charlottesville where we would meet them.

Well we got about halfway there and...guess what...we dead ended into a hiking trail. Every map Dale had looked at showed it as a road all the way through. So we pulled out the laptop and even though all my TOPO's showed it a thru route, the highways map showed it as a deadend (the ONE map Dale never checked). So that was another disapointment.

Oh well, we drove down to Charlottesville and met everyone for dinner. Despite the disappointments, we did have a lot fun...and that's all that really matters. Wink

Like I said, there will be more pics in a few days as I gather them from everyone...including MONSTER flex shots of the stocker! Here's a poorly exposed teaser...

rofl

So, once again, FM2CD has left the trail!

Rock On!

Steve

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Last edited by ThePhantum on Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
qadhafi
Club Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you guys had a great run.

I can't wait for more pics.. drool

Back from the Dead??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That pic of the mountain view is outstanding thumbs . Looks like a good time Mr. Green .
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Vic not know his own strength? rofl
Looks like a great time despite all the dead end/closures. Mr. Green
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man that was a KILLER time!! Except for my little surprise rofl Wish we could have gotten pics of Steve in Jen's Jeep, Allen"s XJ, and my XJ crossing the "FUN" spot. Man it was great meeting you all. I know Christopher won't forget his new buds!! Has his "trail rock" JC gave him on his shelf in his room Very Happy Thanks for a great time FM2CD!!
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody's prolly got those shots...aside from Dale's, we had 4 other cameras on the trail, and that's not including the vid cam. More pics will be coming! thumbs

Oh yea, I also posted the pics on the website as well. Between Dale and I, we have some killer tracklogs from our GPS's too, so I'll sort thru those and get them posted there after Camp Jeep.

Rock On!

Steve

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You didn't post the picture I took of the yummy berries we were eating.

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
Drake69

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thephantum wrote:
Somebody's prolly got those shots...aside from Dale's, we had 4 other cameras on the trail, and that's not including the vid cam. More pics will be coming! thumbs

I've got to upload mine here as well. Been really busy since Rapidan. We went to Camp Jeep, then I went to Roanoke Rapids to visit family right afterwards. Then I got sick after getting back, and my dog ate my homework, and a partridge in a pear tree, and {input further lame-a55 excuses here...}....

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schikes, I just reliezed that I missed this topic when you first posted it.......Hey Steve, when your right, your right!Im an idiot! Mr. Green

Wow nice shots.

Were you pissing in this one?

Finger

Real Jeeps dont wear Bra's
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

too funny too funny too funny too funny

Quote:
I've got to upload mine here as well. Been really busy since Rapidan. We went to Camp Jeep, then I went to Roanoke Rapids to visit family right afterwards. Then I got sick after getting back, and my dog ate my homework, and a partridge in a pear tree, and {input further lame-a55 excuses here...}....

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Events & Places All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: