Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New 2004 TJ Rocky Mountain Edition......

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AggieDog

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:44 am    Post subject: New 2004 TJ Rocky Mountain Edition...... Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
I am new to the board. Well, I am a proud owner of a new TJ Rocky Mtn Edition. I think it is a nice jeep. I have a soft top, no hard top. The sill guard, and alcoa rims with 30 inch tires I liked as I didnt want to pull off the lot with a set of tires I would want to immediatly replace.

My biggest needs in the near future will be a rear bumper, 2 inch hitch receiver in the bumper, hi lift jack holder, jamboree rack, gas can rack, etc. I am not going to get in a hurry about it as I want something that is durable, and long lasting. I may elect to build it myself if I can remember my welding skills from 30 years ago (LOL).

I do like the two tone seat look, and the silver middle dash area. The grapite fender flares look great, but I am not sure if they have any real advantage (?).

Anyway, I wanted to say hi, and this site looks really great. I live in the Roseville, CA area, and I look forward to using my jeep for hunting, and some trail riding. I would love to lift it up some, but I need to learn much more about that. I also will be considering some bigger (taller) tires but not sure when.

I do like the idea the rear axel is a Dana 44, but like others, now I am foaming at the mouth for front and rear axel lockers. Any best suggestion on lockers to purchase?
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, glad you found us. Mr. Green
If you look on the tech page you'll find some bumpers. I have a jeeperman bumper that has all the features you mentioned. High quality and it doesn't rattle.
As for your lockers, it depends what sort of driving you do - hardcore, occasional, etc. If most of your driving is on the street, you'll probably be most happy with a selectable locker like an ARB.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: