Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shoe Creek Trails

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> FM2CD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
T.O.W. Vehicle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Shoe Creek Trails Reply with quote

Question.
Going up the trail I crossed three creeks and then there is a play area. If you go up on the upper ledge there is another trail that takes off to the left.

I travelled up this trail to about 2200 ft and had to turn around because of time restraints. Solid trail almost straight up but to where? Because of the rain and time I really didn't want to push my luck and miss anything at Camp Jeep.

Has any of you been up there? Is this the very top of the mountian? Could this be another way to Cash Hollow?

Am really interested because I would like to come back and do the trail later.
Warn X8000i winch, Warn Rock Bumpers
RE 4.5"Super Flex Lift
AA HD SYE
JKS Quicker Disconnects
Shrockguards
Tellico & Windrock Tested & Customized!!!!
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:49 am    Post subject: Re: Shoe Creek Trails Reply with quote

T.O.W. Vehicle wrote:
Question.
Going up the trail I crossed three creeks and then there is a play area. If you go up on the upper ledge there is another trail that takes off to the left.

I travelled up this trail to about 2200 ft and had to turn around because of time restraints. Solid trail almost straight up but to where? Because of the rain and time I really didn't want to push my luck and miss anything at Camp Jeep.

Has any of you been up there? Is this the very top of the mountian? Could this be another way to Cash Hollow?

Am really interested because I would like to come back and do the trail later.

If it's the play area I'm thinking about, that side trail goes off to the left, then hangs a sharp right turn. It then almost immediatley widens up into a sort of "turnaround area" and then narrows back down and goes further back. We went back there in May, but we only had 2 Jeeps with us...so we did not go all the way. First you come across two big mounds that you can go climb and play on (it has a bypass). Then the trail turns real rocky and heads up over a ridge. I beleive that the rock garden is back there, but we didn't go in there.

On our next trip in August, I intend to continue up past the mounds and find out exactly what is back there.

Steve

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

T.O.W. Vehicle, let me know next time you wanna go, I live close by only 30 mins away!! I'm going this weekend to play again Mr. Green
T.O.W. Vehicle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vic's89XJ wrote:
T.O.W. Vehicle, let me know next time you wanna go, I live close by only 30 mins away!! I'm going this weekend to play again Mr. Green

I certainly would have enjoyed calling ya up this past week! I was concerned that I couldn't do Second Mt. Because I was forced to change routes I was a little concerned. Never could find the entrance to Ditcum Ridge. Well, I look at it this way, saves those trails for my next visit. 2nd Mt looked inviting too with the deep ruts right fter a good rain the night before.

On another note though we hit the trail at Skidmore Lake. Went off to the right for about a mile on a nice trail named Skidmore Fork I think. The wife enjoyed that one.

Returned and headed up Skidmore for the rest of the day! We ended up coming down Brirey something road off State Road 85 I think. That was provig to be alot of fun too. Found a trail with alot of loose slate/rocks to crawl too but had to call it a day because of the thunder.
RE 4.5"Super Flex Lift
AA HD SYE
JKS Quicker Disconnects
Shrockguards
T.O.W. Vehicle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: Shoe Creek Trails Reply with quote

[quote="thephantumIf it's the play area I'm thinking about, that side trail goes off to the left, then hangs a sharp right turn. It then almost immediatley widens up into a sort of "turnaround area" and then narrows back down and goes further back. We went back there in May, but we only had 2 Jeeps with us...so we did not go all the way. First you come across two big mounds that you can go climb and play on (it has a bypass). Then the trail turns real rocky and heads up over a ridge. I beleive that the rock garden is back there, but we didn't go in there.

On our next trip in August, I intend to continue up past the mounds and find out exactly what is back there.

Steve[/quote]

Yes, it does go right but then straight up. There is no room as the trail after turning is very narrow. I believe it is where the log is that you posted pics of that ya'll played on. The log was laying an a steep hill. If you drove over the log and continued up the hill the trail takes off to the left there. Immediately goes around the corner to the left passing over a off chamber rock and then goes almost straight up. Just wide enough for on vehicle at a time.
If you like I can get the way points from my Magellin.
RE 4.5"Super Flex Lift
AA HD SYE
JKS Quicker Disconnects
Shrockguards
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> FM2CD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: