Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Land Between The Lakes -Weekend Outing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CoreyXJ
Turkish
Turkish

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: Land Between The Lakes -Weekend Outing Reply with quote

Over this past weekend KeithTJ, ShawnWJ and myself went to a KY state park called Land Between the Lakes. They have an entire area of hundreds of acres for nothing but OHV's and it is great! We spent two nights there and had a relativley good experience overall.

Heres some of the pics. They didn't quite turn out as well as I'd hoped, but its better than nothing.

This gives you an idea of what some of the trails loked like. Some were pretty wide, and others you had better tuck those mirrors in!

Heres our camp site complete with tent and firepit (built by yours truly)

Heres Keith and I sizing up the trails ahead.

Keiths jeep probably the nastiest its ever been!

This is my jeep after getting a flat and having to put a factory pizza cutter on in place of a used to be good 31.... Nails suck!

Bath time!

This guy impressed the hell out of me when he went up about a 70 degree hill, staring at nothing but the clouds, and then turned around and came back down the same hill. We hung out with him for awhile and I got him out of a bit of a jam. He got high centered on a tree stump, so after I helped him, he took me for a ride in this thing. I have a new respect for buggies!!

This is what they called the "Gator Pit" because out in the very middle where the little stick is showing, its about 6 feet deep. From talking with the locals, very few things make it through here. I would not want to attempt it unless I was in something with 44's or bigger.

Thats all the pics I have for now. I also wanted to say how impressed I was with ShawnWJ's stock Grand. We aired him down and took him trail riding, and he impressed me to the MAX. I could not believe that a stock WJ did that well. He was doing everything that Keith and I were doing with out a problem. Shawns good trail driving skills and a pretty bad Grand made it a well rounded weekend.

Thanks to all - CoreyXJ

"Do what you love to do...the money will eventually follow" - I. Larry
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff Corey! Looks like y'all had a good time. With the right driver behind the wheel, stock vehicles can do a lot more then you expect. Wink

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thought: You're not going to fit side-by-side. Finger
Second thought: Were you guys holding hands when you went through? Finger

Looks like a great time. Mr. Green
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks Like fun!! I still want to camp out one weekend ar Shoe creek/Crab Tree meadows. Good pics Mr. Green
CoreyXJ
Turkish
Turkish

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy- KTJ wanted to hold hands but I told him NO WAY!! Then he got upset because his 4Lo was jacked up and his CHECK ENGINE light came on. I don't blame him for being upset, it always sucks to have something go wrong when you don't need it to!!!

CoreyXJ

"Do what you love to do...the money will eventually follow" - I. Larry
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That weekend was a blast and the fact that we are all still trying to fix our problems that it caused. First off Land between the lakes boasts 2,500 acres of off road area. We only covered 9 miles in 6 hours. You gotta watch out for the ATV's there and the bikes. they fly by. This was shawn's first time ever driving offroad, so the grand's ability was due to excellent spotting and shawns steel balls to try things that I would have never done when I've only made 1 payment on a vehicle. Thanks goes out to Matt who acted as out trail guide in a pretty much stock YJ with 32's, even though it looked like a low rider compaired to us.
We are going back, this time with Jeep Horizons T-shirts and stickers and cards to hand out to people. We told so many jeepers about this site, don't know if anyone will join or not. Corey post the pic of all 3 of our jeeps, I need a new back ground.

My Morning Jacket
Shawnwj
Pterodactyl Poop

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some more pics from the LBL trip......ENJOY!!

Keith....there is the pic for your BG....if you want a bigger one, I will IM it to you later today. Talk to you soon. Smile

LBL Arrival

We were only gone for three days....but Keith found some time to beat it off and get caught!!

Picture of all the HEEPS....

Here I am creepin' thru the woods....

What a dirty BITCH!!
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the funny thing is Shawn wiped off most of the dirty things we wrote on his windshield.
Headlight - a drawing of a penis
rear passenger - ShawnWJ bending some random guy over
rear quarter window - Shawn hearts c#$k with butt pirate underneath it.
rear window a drawing of a pterodactyl pooping on his jeep with pterodactyl misspelled twice.
rear quarter window (driver side) Honk if you support NAMBLA
and I think that was it.
Oh front window a picture of an ass pooping. Finger horse

My Morning Jacket
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Events & Places All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: