Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TJ Body Lift Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AggieDog

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:28 am    Post subject: TJ Body Lift Question Reply with quote

Guys after I get my Jeeperman swingaway on, I assume my body will sag an inch or two. I am running 30 inch by 9.5 by 15 tires. I will use my TJ on the freeway alot in addition to using it off road. I am not a rock crawler, but I do plan to use it off road alot, and hunting, etc, just not seeking out bolders to crawl over.

My question, should I do a 1 or 1.5 inch body lift? Is it hard to do? What tools will I need? Any special info I should be aware of? Money is an issue right now, so what is the best plan of attack, and I will have to run the 30's for a year or two.

Any down side to doing a body lift? Is another stratigy best?
Thanks....
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a short and sweet little write-up on installing one. If anything is going to sag once you get the bumper on, it'll likely be the springs as opposed to the body itself. I haven't notice any sagging since I put mine on, but my springs were pretty well shot already.
ehirner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your body won't sag from the extra weight. If anything the whole vehicle will. Also, if there is any sag, you'd want to just lift the rear, not the whole vehicle. Cheapest way to to throw some 3/4 spacers above the springs in the rear only.

With all that said, when I installed my Jeeperman bumper/carrier, I didn't notice any sag at ride height. However, decent bumps in the roadway feel like the make the rear end drop a bit more...sometimes hitting the bumpstops if I'm going fast enough.
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ehirner wrote:
Your body won't sag from the extra weight. If anything the whole vehicle will. Also, if there is any sag, you'd want to just lift the rear, not the whole vehicle. Cheapest way to to throw some 3/4 spacers above the springs in the rear only.

With all that said, when I installed my Jeeperman bumper/carrier, I didn't notice any sag at ride height. However, decent bumps in the roadway feel like the make the rear end drop a bit more...sometimes hitting the bumpstops if I'm going fast enough.

Mine did sag @ an 1" in the rear after installing the Jeeperman. What was effected most was the ride quality with stock shocks/springs. It got noticably worse. I have a JKS 1-1/4"BL in my rig so space wasnt an issue. BL's do nothing to correct added weight anyway, just give a little more boost for body clearance. But the frame to axle remains the same. This is why you may want to concider the 3/4" spring spacers Eric mentioned. Or unless your planing to do a good spring lift at some point in the near future, your other option would be a 2" budget boost lift. BB's have front and rear spacers and 4 new shocks and can be gotten for $200. $250ish if you go for better shocks, like OME.

Real Jeeps dont wear Bra's
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: