Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MORE Pics... Yep... *56K Warning*

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PAFirefighter11

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: MORE Pics... Yep... *56K Warning* Reply with quote

Over the weekend I bought a used CB for $7.50 at a Flea Market. I had lots of cable and a base for the antenna laying around. I had to purchase the antenna though.. $20! angry: But it's all good I guess. I've been using FRS radio's while out wheeling, it'll be nice to have this now as well.

Pics:

I also got my KC Light Covers in the mail today to finally make this thing almost legal (Thanks schoolbus_57 for the covers!):

LAST SET OF PICS:

I take my Jeep off the road every day now it seems.. and no matter WHERE I go or what I do.. I always have my digicam on me.. So if my pics bore you, or are getting on your nerves.. I'm sorry Sad There's actually my best X type flex pic to date in here.. so I guess it's ALRIGHT Smile

Here's some from today's trip:

Last edited by PAFirefighter11 on Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
quadna71

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rick,
the jeep looks great! how much air are you running in the mud rovers? on a couple of shots the front ones didn't look like all of the tread was making contact with the dirt. maybe drop the psi a pound or two - if you are somewhat overinflated it would help to get more life out of them. oh, and just a thought....maybe keep your pics all grouped in just one thread under your name in the photo album. that way when people want to see how your jeep has progressed over time or just see all of your shots they'll know where to go! that way it'll keep the picture threads down somewhat and people won't have to page through all the older threads to find pics of your jeep Smile
chris
themajor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

be careful, tham rocks will cut ur tires up lolup rofl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quadna71 wrote:
rick,
the jeep looks great! how much air are you running in the mud rovers? on a couple of shots the front ones didn't look like all of the tread was making contact with the dirt. maybe drop the psi a pound or two - if you are somewhat overinflated it would help to get more life out of them. oh, and just a thought....maybe keep your pics all grouped in just one thread under your name in the photo album. that way when people want to see how your jeep has progressed over time or just see all of your shots they'll know where to go! that way it'll keep the picture threads down somewhat and people won't have to page through all the older threads to find pics of your jeep Smile
chris

On the shotes of me climbing that little pile of rocks... I was at 32 psi.. (which is my normal highway pressure). On the trail ones, I was down to around 18 psi (I think.. lol).

Good idea.. I'll see if I can un-lazy myself and use just one thread.. heh.

And major: Notice .. no SHARP rocks this time. Those rocks that sliced my tire were so sharp I cut myself 3 times on 'em! It's like layered rock that flakes off into really sharp.. dagger like pieces. I could've made a few arrow heads with it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good headbang Did you get rained on?? Looks like a good storm in the background Shocked
PAFirefighter11

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vic's89XJ wrote:
Looks good headbang Did you get rained on?? Looks like a good storm in the background Shocked

We were in a Tornado Warning for a period of time.. The storm dissipated and turned into nothing by the time is got to my area. The remnants of these two Hurricanes that are down in FL are going to be here tonight/Friday and Sat night/Sunday though.
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah neighborhood wheeling, the best local wheeling around. I miss my neighborhood.

My Morning Jacket
Shawnwj
Pterodactyl Poop

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where could you 4-Wheel in Glenmary?

Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know were we wanted to dump that mattress, there was a small four wheeling trail back there, it was more for golf carts and gators and it just went around the lake. Nothing hard, but you could play in any of the mud pits were they were building houses.

My Morning Jacket
Shawnwj
Pterodactyl Poop

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, I see.....I finally got a pic of mine in my signature. Smile

PAFirefighter11

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for new pics
ehirner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: MORE Pics... Yep... *56K Warning* Reply with quote

PAFirefighter11 wrote:

I'd cut down that tailpipe. It's just begging to be ripped off.
PAFirefighter11

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: MORE Pics... Yep... *56K Warning* Reply with quote

ehirner wrote:
PAFirefighter11 wrote:

I'd cut down that tailpipe. It's just begging to be ripped off.

It did get ripped off.. yesterday.. lol. I almost lost my whole system from the cat back. I put it back on sideways, it looks better now. I was waiting until I get a sawz-all blade to cut more pipe off and make it fit nicely.
qadhafi
Club Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While you're cutting stuff off how about hacking that front bumper? You've done a great job on the fenders and the flares. Hacking the ends off of your bumper and reloacting the lights would be great for approach and departure. Here is a pic of DirtyRed's front bumper that we used a cutoff saw on.

Everything looks great, and good luck.

Back from the Dead??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PAFirefighter11

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qadhafi wrote:

While you're cutting stuff off how about hacking that front bumper? You've done a great job on the fenders and the flares. Hacking the ends off of your bumper and reloacting the lights would be great for approach and departure. Here is a pic of DirtyRed's front bumper that we used a cutoff saw on.

Everything looks great, and good luck.

Thank you. I'm thinking IF I do end up cutting the bumper, it's going to look like this:

I dunno if that pic link will work.. if not just click here:
http://www.jeeps-offroad.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=259

I want to cut it like that and have the lights still mounted where they are. I don't want to cut off much, I get enough crap from the Staties here :-x
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Photo Album All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: