Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

241OR into a TJ

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ehirner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: 241OR into a TJ Reply with quote

I know there was a couple people tossing this idea around (drack...this is for you) and one of the questions was any information about doing the swap from a 231 to a 241.

Anyway, I found this on JBConversions' site.

http://www.cox-internet.com/pjtj2000/t-case.html
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And FYI, you can find used ones occasionally for $750 on car-parts.com but it'll probably be like the D44's once the demand grows and they realize how much they can get for them, the price will skyrocket.
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup.. Having trouble finding a front 44 now... But the rear is here..

Pretty soon I will have a full width ZJ..

Sorry to Hijack . Back to the 241...

Hmm... Thats interesting...... Mr. Green

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code3TJ wrote:
And FYI, you can find used ones occasionally for $750 on car-parts.com but it'll probably be like the D44's once the demand grows and they realize how much they can get for them, the price will skyrocket.

I thought I saw one last nite until the description read 2.4l manual or something like that. I'm guessing even if it is a tcase, it'll be the 231 that comes with the four banger. On a side note, there are a ton of HP XJ housings on there Mr. Green . I'm still interested in a 241, but only if I can find one used now. That's a real good write up too, cleared some of my questions regarding a flat skid and that case Smile .
Bob J

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how does the 241 tell how fast you are going?

if there's no speedo gear, then what do you change to let the speedo know you have a different r&p set?
quadna71

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob J wrote:
how does the 241 tell how fast you are going?

if there's no speedo gear, then what do you change to let the speedo know you have a different r&p set?

The mechanical speedometer has been replaced by a typical hall effect speed sensor and custom tone wheel. The electrical pulse generated by the speed sensor is recognized by the Jeep speedometer instrument as stock therefore operation is smooth and reliable. Signal converters from Dakota Digital, Inc. and Superlift Suspensions can be easily connected into the Jeep wiring loom (only 3 wires) for easy adjustability. The Dakota Digital converter will be offered through JB Conversions, Inc. at a heavily reduced price. In the near future, our company will provide a different signal converter that will be a “plug in and go” package.

i cut and pasted that from jb conversions' website - their new super short sye kit uses the same principle and plug. more of a hassle to "true" your speedo but gets the job done in the end.
chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: