Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Air Cond on/off

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nedkelly

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:02 am    Post subject: Air Cond on/off Reply with quote

Recently my a/c has started playing up a little. With a/c ON it cycles between blowing through the vents, as it should, and blowing up at the windshield. Any ideas? Vacumm problem perhaps?

Thanks for help.
________
starcraft 2 replays

Last edited by nedkelly on Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
majikxms

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What year is it?
nedkelly

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

________
Toyota F3R specifications

majikxms

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 98 had an issue when the blower was turned to the 2nd setting or higher, it would blow the door shut to either defrost or vent. The vacuum was still good, and you will be able to tell if that is still the case if you can hear the vacuum engage when you change from vent, defrost or floor.
My defrost/panel door became disengaged from its crank arm. I had no idea how the system worked before this happened, but was able to see that the door was not operating correctly (it was free wheeling). I was able to snap the arm back into position. I suggest getting under the dash to make sure the crank shafts are operating the doors correctly. There are about three or four crank arms on the system. One or two may have become disconnected. It's a good start.
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually, the problem is vaccum. There's a vacuum canister behind the front bumper on the passenger side and a vacuum hose that runs from it to the firewall. 99% of the time, the problem is either the canister or the hose (on mine it was the hose).

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nedkelly

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for the info. The hose from the vacuum canister has been repaired before so it's a good bet that the repair, some years back, is in need of attention again.

Appreciate the info, thanks.
________
buy silver surfer

nedkelly

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't the vacuum hose or the vacuum canister! Sad Think I'll need to get the dash out and check the cables from the heater control panel or maybe the control panel itself. It is strange because the a/c is working okay and so is the heat exchanger but neither a/c or heat blows through the main vents. It is as if the controls are in the windshield de-mist position regardless of temp.
________
no2 vaporizer

Last edited by nedkelly on Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before you take the dash out.. Look at the passenger fire wall there is a hard plastic vacuum line that controls the blend door.. That is most likely broken or cracked..
It is a common problem .. Just hope it didnt break off even with the fire wall..
they even sell rubber vacum line that is made to slide right over the hard plastic line for this type of repair..

IF your door closes on acceleration and hill climbs and starts blowing at the windshield .. This is your problem..

Look hard its only about 1/8 " or so... Mr. Green

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
nedkelly

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I did check this hose at the firewall because the last time this happened it was the said hose. The heat coming off the engine bay routes up behind the battery and gets so hot in that area that the hose had actually melted! I repaired a 4 inch section of hose with some thicker polycarb type hosing. Will get back into the hose over the next few days as i'm off shift for 4 now so no excuse. Don't tell the wife or I'll have to mow the yard also!
________
T transmission
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: