Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for real-time diagnostic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnyCash

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Looking for real-time diagnostic Reply with quote

I have a laptop computer in between my two front seats that I play music off of and run my GPS from.

I'm looking for some type of system were I can hook-up my laptop to the port under the dash of my 1997 ZJ so I can watch the numbers and see how my Jeep is running in real-time.

I've seen a system where you can connect a "chip" to that port and it records information of how its running and you later have to take it out and connect it to a computer to retrieve the information. Don't want that.

I'm guessing that all I would need would be a data cable going from my laptop to the diagnostic port and a CD containing the program.

Anyone know if this exists and where I can get it?
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check summit racing and Jegs... They have this somewhere I have seen it..

Real time engine performance charts right on your lap top... Cant remember where I saw it but probobly one of those...

Also check out Dodge stuff.. Same 5.2... Maybe one of the Dakota forums or something.. I have a buddy with a supercharged Dakota I bet he would know .. I will try to contact him tommorow and let you know..

Carl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've seen them in the summit catalog - but $$$.
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good timing - I got an email from http://www.technoresearch.com/ tonight. The email is that they're now making calibration and data recording software for Edelbrock AMC/Jeep EFI systems. I haven't poked around their website, but they might have what you're looking for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: