Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

site questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Announcements, News & Commentary
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bmf24

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: site questions Reply with quote

the site looks good, but i do have a couple comments.

why the sepserte forums for cj's, yj's, ect. why not just have one tech section for all jeeps? it would make more sence so there isnt several of the same posts saying the same thing, in diffrent forums.

just my 2 cents
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the general consensus was to have as many individual model forums to be able to ask specific questions. Some of the answers might be only applicable to one model and not another. Also then there's the "general" kinda areas to ask non specific questions in. Of course after this was all decided we then lopped all LWB's into one forum. FSJ, WJ, ZJ, KJ, MJ, whatever long-J ya can think of. They'll most likely be seperated once traffic starts picking up and it warrants it. I can see your point and it can be argued why have all the various SWB models in one forum and lump all the others together......we're just starting, we don't know Wink Mr. Green . Overall, I think the jist is to have as many model specifc and tech specific options to make finding and asking questions as easy as possible. Which might not seem like an issue at this point, but we have grandiose thoughts for this place Laugh .

I think I just managed to confuse myself with that nonanswer Wink .
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the real reason is that Most of the CJ guys and TJ guy and YJ guys only know about their own rigs.. (Or type of rig.) There are big differences in them...
While I on the other hand know everything about ZJ's ,XJ's and SJ's.. Laugh Laugh

Ok I am bullshitting.. But Its pretty much along the lines of what drak said.
It started off as several seperate forums and I took on all the LWB because we dont have that much lwb traffic.. When we get more of them we will give them their own forum.. Because I wont be able to answer everyones questions.. As Much as I would like to..

Carl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bmf24

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that makes sense. i guess i was thinking that my jeep was made of all sorts of diffrent parts.

any one thinking of making model specific bibles?
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know about the biblical proportions, but there are many of us that have various FSM's on CD Mr. Green . They don't necessarily help with wheeling tips or buildup idea's, but they're killer for tearing our junk apart and putting it back together .
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Announcements, News & Commentary All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: