Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RANT-> Almost went to Jail tonight.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
qadhafi
Club Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: RANT-> Almost went to Jail tonight. Reply with quote

BEGINNING OF RANT

SO, I'm driving home tonight and I take this road through, well it's not the Projects but it might as well be. Halfway down the road I see a large group of black males [20+ highschoolers] walking down in side of the road and taking up half of my lane. I slow up so I am sure not to hit anyone and one of the little effers throws a rock or something and it hits the rear passenger glass of my Land Rover [it was raining and the Jeep still is topless]. It hit HARD at a horizontal angle [ie it didn't come from no damn tree]. I locked up the brakes and threw a damn U turn in the gas station 25 yards down the road [as in I about flipped over]. I rolled back by REALLY slow giving the evil eye. I was silently wishing for someone to throw something else.

Was my hand on my Glock 357 Sig? Damn right. That and a Surefire Flashlight. I was one step from unloading. It was probably the closest I've ever come to drawing down on someone and actually landing my ass in jail. I knew better than to put myself in that position but at the time the adrenaline was flowing.

I mean I wasn't going fast or taking up their side of the road, I was just trying to get home. Replace me [superior driving skills in the rain and all]. With some little old lady driving on bald tires with bad brakes. She ends up in a telephone pole. Not cool.

Bottom line no one got hurt, but I'm still jacked up. I called 911 and informed them of what happened and asked if they would send a unit by to find out WTF those people were doing out on the sidewalk in the pouring rain. I found a small chip in my glass but it could have come from anything. My girlfriend told me I shouldhave waiting at the gas station for a unit. I told here there is no way I could have waiting there with those thoughts in my head and 20 of them there and me with only 31 rounds. Plus 8 more from a pocket gun. And an ASP baton. Finger

END OF RANT

Back from the Dead??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Drake69

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you know what? There ain't a vehicle owner anywhere who hasn't felt like that at least once. You spend good money on something you like that is a part of your image, and some #$%^% a55-%^%$ (I can't say anything else, I might get lynched...) can't stand it. So what do they do? They F- it up for you!!!

That's why I got a 500,000 vt. Taser. I may not believe in lethal, but I do believe in inflicting LARGE amounts of pain!!!

T.O.W. Vehicle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're looking to get fried for that post you should post it on Glock Talk in the "Carry Section."

I feel ya pain but why on earth would you pull a gun and confront the subjects again? You're escalating the situation and that makes you the bad guy then.

Me thinks you're lucky they didn't do anything and you did not get out with that loaded firearm.
Warn X8000i winch, Warn Rock Bumpers
RE 4.5"Super Flex Lift
AA HD SYE
JKS Quicker Disconnects
Shrockguards
Tellico & Windrock Tested & Customized!!!!
qadhafi
Club Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T.O.W. Vehicle wrote:
If you're looking to get fried for that post you should post it on Glock Talk in the "Carry Section."

I feel ya pain but why on earth would you pull a gun and confront the subjects again? You're escalating the situation and that makes you the bad guy then.

Me thinks you're lucky they didn't do anything and you did not get out with that loaded firearm.

The situation was already at the escalated point when one of those little effers threw a rock at a passing vehicle. If the odds were a little more in my favor I most definately would have gotten out.

I'm liscensed to carry a "loaded" firearm [what use is an unloaded firearm?] in my state and several surrounding states.

I didn't start it. And why should I have to act like a punk and take that kind of crap from some asshats walking down the street?

I'm not trying to get into a semantics argument aobut carry laws and firearms here. A baseball bat could have been substituted in the story for the Glock. I was just trying to vent to my other 4x4'ers here.

Back from the Dead??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a toy bb-gun that corey and both bought at meijers so we could shoot are friends in the nuts with them. They shoot those little soft yellow bb's. The gun looks real, except for the plastic on it, which you wouldn't notice in the dark. Anyways I don't know why I told you that, but hey I got that.
The thing about it is, it doesn't matter what color they are or where it was at, because 20 white highschool kids in the suburbs would have done the same thing. The fact that you were in a rougher part of town, means that there is a greater chance for something to go wrong than in your local golfing neighborhood.
I went out with a friend about a year ago to the bars to celebrate her birthday. This bar was located in the rougher area of where the bars are located. I met her at the bar, and I was by myself. I also left by myself, cause I've never had a problem in the city of Louisville, pretty much cause I own that city. Well when I was leaving, about 10-12 guys were hanging out in the parking lot. I didn't think anything about them untill three of them approached me. We exchanged pleasent words when one guy asked me for my wrist band so that he could get into the bar for free (it was a $2 cover). As soon as I started to take my braclet off, I heard his other buddies not around me yell "F$*^ that N***** up dawg! I looked up at the guy and you could see the shit eatin grin on his face like he was about to do something. To be honest with you I was scared to death because all these guys were a lot bigger than me, and they couold have over powered me like nothing. Doesn't matter how much karate I studied, my ass was going down. at this time a million thoughts are going through my head, the first one was which guy was I going to take down first. The guy directly in front of me was an average size dude, not a problem, it was the two huge guys next to him that would rival most college football players. I knew that if I took out one's knee the other was gonna get me before I could get away. So I started to fumble with the wrist band, and finally I just broke it off my wrist. I told the guy that I would get him another one that wasn't broken. I tucked tail and got away from them, not my most proud moment, but I got scared and I knew that I should have fought my way out of it, but I would have ended up in the hospital or dead. I went back into the bar, had a few more drinks to calm my nerves then took a different way to parking lot. Saw the guys standing up against a wall waiting for some drunk idiot to walk out so they could get him, I guess they were looking to rob someone I'm just glad it wasn't me.
Note: From the time that his buddy said to f*** that N***** up and till the time I ripped the wrist band off was only a few seconds, just reading makes it sound like a five minute ordeal.

My Morning Jacket
kygreenyj

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

qadhafi wrote:
[what use is an unloaded firearm?]

I'll point a glock in your face you tell me if its loaded Very Happy

06 Ford Escape Hybrid

03 KLR 650
qadhafi
Club Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kygreenyj wrote:
qadhafi wrote:
[what use is an unloaded firearm?]

I'll point a glock in your face you tell me if its loaded Very Happy

Hardy har har [actually the extractor sticks out when there is a round in the chamber. It is very easy to determine if a glock is loaded by just looking at it.]
Secondly You should never point a loaded gun at another person unless you are willing to kill them. That's how you get on the channel 5 news.

I wasn't trying to start an entire gun thread. Again, I was just venting the same way that any of you would if someone had slashed your tire [or soft top] or stolen your stereo. I can say that I was tempted, but the more I thought about it the more I decided that I did not think that I would look good in an orange jumpsuit. I might be stupid, but I ain't dumb.

Back from the Dead??
T.O.W. Vehicle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: RANT-> Almost went to Jail tonight. Reply with quote

qadhafi wrote:
BEGINNING OF RANT

I was one step from unloading. It was probably the closest I've ever come to drawing down on someone and actually landing my ass in jail. I knew better than to put myself in that position but at the time the adrenaline was flowing.

END OF RANT

While you have a CWP then you have been trained on when to you may use "Deadly Force." I don't recall being able to take a life for the protection of property in GA.

I think you did the right thing in going to the station and calling 911.

Very Happy My real concern is all the anti-gunners out there that might read your post and think we all behave in that manor.
RE 4.5"Super Flex Lift
AA HD SYE
JKS Quicker Disconnects
Shrockguards
T.O.W. Vehicle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worst yet, you might have met this fate:

"A man attempting to carjack a Cadillac DeVille from a gas station was shot and killed by the car owner. Brian Dean told DeKalb County, Georgia, police that when he stopped at a gas station on Glenwood Road about 3 a.m., an armed man approached and attempted to steal his car. Dean drew his own gun and shot the would-be carjacker, later identified as Banarrek Von Clayton, in the leg. Von Clayton managed to drive a short distance in the Cadillac, but succumbed to his wounds and crashed into a utility pole a few feet away." (The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Atlanta, GA, 06/21/04)

Different tactics but might have come down to them getting your car after wounding/killing you. Had they gotten you to get out by hitting the car with a rock, who knows what they were carrying.
RE 4.5"Super Flex Lift
AA HD SYE
JKS Quicker Disconnects
Shrockguards
qadhafi
Club Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: RANT-> Almost went to Jail tonight. Reply with quote

T.O.W. Vehicle wrote:
qadhafi wrote:
BEGINNING OF RANT

I was one step from unloading. It was probably the closest I've ever come to drawing down on someone and actually landing my ass in jail. I knew better than to put myself in that position but at the time the adrenaline was flowing.

END OF RANT

While you have a CWP then you have been trained on when to you may use "Deadly Force." I don't recall being able to take a life for the protection of property in GA.

I think you did the right thing in going to the station and calling 911.

Very Happy My real concern is all the anti-gunners out there that might read your post and think we all behave in that manor.

The sad thing is the only thing you have to have in GA to get a Carry Permit is a valid ID and a clean criminal record [no felonies or domestic violence midemeanors]. There are no classes, no tests of any sort. I don't really agree with that, but that's the way it is.

After a couple days to think about it I totally did the right thing, but I should have had a cop meet me where I was and follow me back to the location. Oh well, hindsight and all. Neutral

Back from the Dead??
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General BS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: