Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

help in installing KC fog's, wiring through firewall

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rhr0812

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:44 am    Post subject: help in installing KC fog's, wiring through firewall Reply with quote

2000 wrangler, mounted the KC's and I took apart the dumb switch plate to find a blank connection attached behind it. Can I use this instead of running my wires all over the place. If so, how do I find the end of the run, and can I install the red KC light wire to the fuse box. Oh, how do you open the box and where do you connect. Seems to be easier this way than running the KC green and white wire through the firewall which I cannot find a hole to get through. I would appreciate any help on this!!!
Regards
PS
Would it also be possible to tap into the cig lighter (don't need it) and use this as the switch source of power since its wired through the wall?
ehirner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stock wiring is likely too small for the amperage drawn by those lights. Run the wires that KC gave you and put your switch where the blank spot is located.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: