Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone know about that Tornado thing?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pisces-guy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Anyone know about that Tornado thing? Reply with quote

Twisted Evil Hi people! Still waiting for my new Liberty, should be here soon. I'm going to put a freer air intake on it, Magnaflow exhaust, rock rails, and some larger tires to start. I was wondering if anyone has tried or knows about that Tornado thing that you put in your air intake tube. They're claiming an extra mile or two to the gallon and an extra horse or two. If anyone has any info on it, please let me know...
95sahara

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one in my S10 pickup and didn't notice a difference in mileage or power. But it had 170,000 miles on it so I don't know what it would do in a newer vehicle.
quadna71

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

most of the people that i've talked to or read about on different sites ended up putting it in the category of "snake oil". keep in mind that was when putting one in the intake tube of a 2.5 or 4.0 from a wrangler. both are lower revving...so i wouldn't think the benefits would be really reaped no matter what. maybe it would help??? just doesn't seem like a real viable bang-for-buck mod...or else DC would've incorporated something like that already. if you get one let us know how you like it. or, wait until you've gotten used to your other mods before installing it - so that you can really feel the difference instead of it just combining with everything else.
chris Smile

**a buddy of mine threw just OEM replacement filter from K&N....he said that it was noticeable when passing...so a free-air design should help you plenty!**
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Chris said...in a Jeep, it's snake oil. For a high revving engine it would prolly do something, but not at the CFM that Jeeps are typically pulling through the TB.

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Slipslap

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't even work in high revving engines. I have a Prelude and have heard from others that got scammed off ebay. They are junk. If you want an intake mod get a throttlle body spacer with a helix bore. And of course a true cold air intake with a better flowing exhuast.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Liberty Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: