Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

bf goodrich tires??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
01limited

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:36 pm    Post subject: bf goodrich tires?? Reply with quote

i have a 01 limited and i have ome shocks and springs 2' lift. i want to put bf's tires but what is the biggest and widest tire i can put on?? useing a 16' rim or a 17' which is better?? i want to use 16x8 with a 5' backspace black daytona"s wheels. i don't want to cut or modify wheel wells. does anyone have pic's of this same setup. thanks
Buddha_Kip

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggest you can toss on there without any trimming on a 16" wheel is a 265/70/16 (30.6x10.4x16)....you could go with a 265/75/16 (31.6x10.4x16), but you'll rub just slightly on this plastic inner fender liner flap in the front (easily cut and you wouldn't notice its not being there once it is cut) and slightly on the rear bumper cover. As far as a 17" wheel goes, you don't have much choice (it's not as common an offroad wheel size, so the choices are very limited...smallest size they offer is a 265/70/17 (31.6x10.4x17), and again you'll have the slight rubbing problem front and rear...and if you do go with this (I'm assuming this is going with your stock wheels on this setup), you'll have rubbing problems on your lower control arms up front and one you OME shocks all around (since they have hard-boots)

Yeah, I know...Jeep keeps screwing over the owner, and you can't fit a 15" wheel, because they won't fit over the brakes.

edit - apparantly you can fit a 15" wheel, but will have to go with some crazy 3.75" backspacing in the front to cover the brake size - JU thread on wheels complete with pictures & with a 15" wheel you can do any 31x10.5

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay well i'm going with daytona's black 16x8 with a 5 backspace. 245/75 16 bfg m/t all for the street. how much noticable diffrence is there in the 265/70/16?? and will this lift the jeep higher???
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: