Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with Rocky Road Outfitter too..Sounds like a trend!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
archerboy68

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:21 pm    Post subject: Problem with Rocky Road Outfitter too..Sounds like a trend!! Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
I ordered a Lockright Locker for a pickup truck truck I have. They didn't have it in stock and after a three weeks waiting I tried to cancel the order. I was on the phone waiting on hold a few times for over half an hour trying to cancel the order and said the heck with it when it comes in I'll just return it for a refund. That's how it normaly works right. Yeah, uh huh..Sure it does. Not with these guys it doesn't. I called a few weeks after I sent it back to then and they said they have to check with their shipping department. And that they will call me back that day. Well, as no suprise no one called. I called again today and got the same thing shipping is out at lunch and well call you today with an answer. Well, I won't be ordering parts from them any more. $310.00 loss will do that to ya. Well, I just wanted to let some people know what happeded. Order parts from a reputable dealer it's better to pay a little more to be sure your dealing with honest people.

Real name not withheld. Finger
Peter Savini
Black2001TJ
Leopard Skin
Leopard Skin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man, this totally sucks. I moved your topic over to the general section so more folks will see it. I hope you find some resolved and that others are helped along by you posting your ordeal. Good luck!
ehirner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't necessarily see what the real problem is.

Did they tell you it was going to be backordered?

They did ship it to you and then you shipped it back. Did you contact them first? Lot's of places require Return Authorization numbers that prevent you from just returning stuff.

Granted, they don't appear to be a genious when it comes to communications....but I think you could place some of the blame back on yourself.
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate that it happened to you, I sort of agree with Erik. I'm sure a few things could have been resolved a bit quicker if you got the RTA numbers. Hope you get all your cash back

My Morning Jacket
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive heard of this before with them....but sometimes there is the "fine print" that needs to be read about returns. Keep working on them for your money back.

I got most of my lift parts from them. I also had to wait, but concidering that I ordered my lift just a few days before Christmas, I didnt expect to see any of it untill after the first anyway. They emailed me between the holidays to let me know that they had my OME shocks in stock but they were out of stock on the springs and asked if I wanted the shocks shipped now and wait for the springs to come later. I told them it was allright just to hold the order untill complete and ship all together.

Shortly after the 1st I got another email confirming that they received my springs and were shipping the order that day...along with tracking numbers. Everything arrived as promised and correct. So in my case with that single order....Im happy to say that all went well.

Hopefully you can work things out with them and keep us informed of what happens.

Real Jeeps dont wear Bra's
archerboy68

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply to above statements Reply with quote

I did call them after it arrived and said I would like to return the unit. They gave me the return address and said no return authorization number was required. I did get a reply from them and they said they received the locker that I had shipped. The owner Glenn Wakefild said he is looking into it. I guess it is my fault for ordering something and returning it. Live and learn I guess.
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not your fault, cause this happens all the time, and bad customer service is always out there! Keep us posted on the situation though.

My Morning Jacket
archerboy68

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:00 am    Post subject: Received refund Reply with quote

Well, I was credited back from Rocky Road Outfitters. I called my card company and they said there was a credit from them recently.

The end..
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General BS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: